Confirmed Trade: [DET/EDM] Mike Green (50% retained) for Kyle Brodziak + cond. 2020 4th round pick

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Figured Green would net us at least a 3rd rounder, I mean he still might but who knows. Not what I was expecting for him though.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Gotta be a bigger deal the bluelines way too crowded with Green.

Or Russell is done for the year.

Lagesson might be too raw to play in the playoffs. Jones and Bear are fine but 3 rookie D is not a good situation.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Great depth deal imo happy with it.

Surely this means one of Benning or Larsson is shipped out tomorrow for a winger right?

Either way we desperately need a forward get on it Ken!

Reactions: dreamcomehere

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
All depends what the pick is, but that’s a great acquisition. Our defense is good enough to shelter him, and let him go run our PP

Except his offense hasn't been great, he hasn't been great on the PP... and his strength this year, weird enough was his D. Maybe he helps a little, but that Green of old is gone.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Green looked really, really bad whenever I've seen Detroit games this year.

I don't think he'll be in the league much longer.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
All right its been a while since I've seen Green play. Can anyone give a run down of how he's been the last 3 years? I seem to recall he almost signed with Edm before he signed with Det

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Great depth deal imo happy with it.

Surely this means one of Benning or Larsson is shipped out tomorrow for a winger right?

Either way we desperately need a forward get on it Ken!
I donno. The way the conditions are worded it makes it sound like this is more a depth move than anything else. I think in an ideal world Green is your #7 heading into the playoffs. Slotting him in as a top 6 guy seems like a risk to me.

Reactions: Futures Passed

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Well, at least it’s damn near nothing, but unless someone else is being dealt I don’t see the sense in using what little cap space we have on a redundant defenceman.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
All right its been a while since I've seen Green play. Can anyone give a run down of how he's been the last 3 years? I seem to recall he almost signed with Edm before he signed with Det

Evaluating any player on Detroit this year is just a bad idea. They'd be completely different on other teams.

... That being said, Green hasn't exactly stood out for his offense, and he's definitely not signed for his defense. But hey... When your second PP unit has Helm, Nielsen, and Filppula on it, you can't expect much.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Shame how Detroit's pieces are garbage value.

But hey, Yzerman did get Brayden Point in the 3rd round...

It's par for the course. When the Oilers were bottom-feeders they got 3rd and 4ths for Hemsky and Horcoff... they got 2nds for Petry and Schultz. Basically playing for a crappy team lowers your trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00