GDT: Det @ Car

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Game 82 versus Florida Men in Florida with Freddie(?) in net?

View attachment 686235
d6e0ee37-cb6a-475e-ab42-b44aa9978746_text.gif

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
I mean, here's the thing: I understand the need to conserve energy for the real games. But opponent matters in the 1st round. Hopefully they don't relax too much vs. Florida. Tonight's game was a step in the right direction.
I’ve been holding back very hard from being overly critical with recent play but we win Thursday it’s a moot point. That would be a semi-strong finish. Don’t want to be dragging ass in any capacity going into R1G1

Reactions: Tryamw

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Interested to see if florida rests guys or not I guess it’ll come down to how the islanders do

surfzone365

Jan 13, 2021
Ashburn, VA
Couple of weeks ago he had an angry look on his face after a bad goal was given up. Kind of a "get your head outta your ass" kind of look.

I think he knows his chances at a Cup are now or never.
When the rest of our offense is spinning around in circles trying to figure out the puck-in-the-net concept, Burns and the ghost of Jake Gardiner will power us to victory!

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
There’s really no good outcome for Carolina other than winning and avoiding the rangers. Might as well hope for the islanders to lose tomorrow and then florida will rest guys cause the game won’t matter for them and I’d assume they’d rather play Carolina over jersey

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Good win. Now go down to FL and finish this thing off so they can rest up a little bit.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Shall we be Quebecker fans tomorrow night? If the Canadiens beat the Islanders, Florida has nothing to play for and can use some creative LTIRing to add seven AHLers for that game ;)
I’d love to play the islanders but them winning tomorrow just increases are chances of not winning Thursday and having to play the rangers. I’ll take my chances with Alex Lyon over shesterkin but we know what Alex Lyon will do we’ve seen how goalies like him do against the canes lol

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I’d love to play the islanders but them winning tomorrow just increases are chances of not winning Thursday and having to play the rangers. I’ll take my chances with Alex Lyon over shesterkin but we know what Alex Lyon will do we’ve seen how goalies like him do against the canes lol
Id rather the Devils than the Canes but need to be strategic ;)

Part of me wants Boston: we split the season series with them and one of our losses was when we played a man down.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
Id rather the Devils than the Canes but need to be strategic ;)

Part of me wants Boston: we split the season series with them and one of our losses was when we played a man down.
Ehh we really aren't the same team without Svechnikov.... I don't want to play the Panthers lol. But anything can happen in the playoffs.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I mean no disrespect to the Islanders when I say that they’re the best possible opponent. It’s not that they’re going to be easy by any stretch, but they’ll force the Canes to find the team defensive game they’ll need to compete against teams down the line, if they are able to pull it out. Since March 11, they’re 18th in 5v5 GA/60. They’re not winning anything down there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad