Confirmed Trade: [DET/CAR] Alex Nedeljkovic for Jonathan Bernier and 2021 3rd (VGK)

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
My God there are some terrible terrible takes in this thread, lol. I liked Ned, feel bad that he's struggling. But also not all that surprised. His great season with us always felt a bit fluky and the Canes were never high on him and even waived him at the beginning of that season. At the time I thought it was a bad trade too just thinking coming off a strong season the Canes could've gotten more than a 3rd, but looking back it seems as if Yzerman was the one who was fleeced.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Imagine being this salty and dig up a thread from 2021 :laugh:
LOL, I didn't want to start a new thread and I watched the game last night and saw he wasn't playing which is why I asked. I guess I could have gone to the Wings board and asked it, but I would have then been accused of just wanting to "rub it in" and trolling so I chose not to do that.

I guess I can see how choosing to quote that post I quoted can be seen as rubbing it in, but it was the last wings poster on this last page which is why I chose it. Whatever, I wasn't salty about the move when the Canes made it and certainly am not now.

My God there are some terrible terrible takes in this thread, lol. I liked Ned, feel bad that he's struggling. But also not all that surprised. His great season with us always felt a bit fluky and the Canes were never high on him and even waived him at the beginning of that season. At the time I thought it was a bad trade too just thinking coming off a strong season the Canes could've gotten more than a 3rd, but looking back it seems as if Yzerman was the one who was fleeced.

Nobody got fleeced. The Canes used that 3rd to select Hreshuk who they traded for the rental Domi. In the end, it was a good gamble by Yzerman but neither team benefited much in the end. Ned could still turn it around though.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Nobody got fleeced. The Canes used that 3rd to select Hreshuk who they traded for the rental Domi. In the end, it was a good gamble by Yzerman but neither team benefited much in the end. Ned could still turn it around though.
Yeah obviously they didn't give up all that much so it's not really a fleecing (just used that term as that was very common early in the thread regarding to the Canes), but with how bad Ned has been, giving up anything for him makes it a bad trade for the Wings in hindsight.

TS Quint

I can see!
Sep 8, 2012
Fleeced? Don't use words you dont understand. It was a 3rd and a $4m goalie that never played for the Canes. How much were the Canes supposed to pay to get rid of him? Or are you just super excited for the Sophomore with zero points in 15 games you got with that big 3rd round pick?

Last edited:

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm good with losing trades that involve a 3rd round pick, especially on goalies. I'd rather do this than give out 5x5 goalie contracts at free agency.
Nobody lost anything. Detroit took a cheap gamble on a young goalie, Canes didn't want him as a starter and decided to move on.

My real question is what is the future for Ned. Will the Wings try to move him/unload him? Will they just ride it out and hope he improves? Or something else?

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Nobody lost anything. Detroit took a cheap gamble on a young goalie, Canes didn't want him as a starter and decided to move on.

My real question is what is the future for Ned. Will the Wings try to move him/unload him? Will they just ride it out and hope he improves? Or something else?

Ned will probably be waived and sent down and not resigned unless he turns things around.

How were the wings fleeced? Ned was good last year and we got a season out of it. Canes got nothing out of it.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Carolina believed in its internal evaluation of the player, despite the optics, and comes away in a better position overall.

Detroit took a gamble. It’s looking like it’s not going to work out. However, the cost was inexpensive and it’s a period of lower cap utilization. The Wings come away unscathed as a result.

Nedeljkovic has some financial security. He/his camp was smart to go for the money.

The only Ls here go to the fans/pundits that were sure that this was a heist.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
We really need to lock threads after a month of inactivity. These necros are getting tiresome

Meh, as I stated, that wasn't my intention here . I wanted to know what the plans were with Ned after watching the game last night and expecting to see him play. My choices to get info on my question were:

- Go ask on the wings board and likely be told I'm rubbing it in or trolling, particularly after a loss.
- Start a new thread and people would have a similar response.
- Ask in an old thread and risk being caused of a "necro bump"

There was really no option that wouldn't piss some subset of posters off. :dunno:

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Meh, as I stated, that wasn't my intention here . I wanted to know what the plans were with Ned after watching the game last night and expecting to see him play. My choices to get info on my question were:

- Go ask on the wings board and likely be told I'm rubbing it in or trolling, particularly after a loss.

There was really no option that wouldn't piss some subset of posters off. :dunno:
I got excited about him being traded and then the familiarity of the other bits involved twigged the depths of my brain.

If you want to know about a player, make an appropriate thread. Who cares who it bothers, but it's better than digging up old stuff. Pulling up a 2 year old thread is just weird. I've been sick of all the other digging up offseason threads to "gotcha" people. It's frustrating to wade through to see things pop up and then notice it's months if not years old.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
If you want to know about a player, make an appropriate thread. Who cares who it bothers, but it's better than digging up old stuff. Pulling up a 2 year old thread is just weird. I've been sick of all the other digging up offseason threads to "gotcha" people. It's frustrating to wade through to see things pop up and then notice it's months if not years old.

Clearly I chose to do it this way and not care who it bothered. :sarcasm:

As far as old threads being brought up, that really doesn't bother me. If I think one might, then I just don't click on it. only about 5-10% of the threads on the main board interest me in the first place so wading through threads isn't a concern for me at all since I already do that.

My view is if people want to have strong opinions about something that later turn out to be wrong, then they should have some accountability for it. Otherwise, people will be spouting off all the time with no chance for any responsibility or repercussions for them.

I see your point and don't dismiss it at all, but to each their own.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018

I'm calling BS.

If you would have come to the Wings board and asked what's up with Ned at least 5 posters would have responded in detail and not one would have thought you were trolling.

You're just gaslighting here...

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010

Posting
“It’s a great day here, hope you’re all well” will get angry responses these days!🤣

Reactions: Boom Boom Apathy

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
I'm calling BS.

If you would have come to the Wings board and asked what's up with Ned at least 5 posters would have responded in detail and not one would have thought you were trolling.

Ok. If you want to get upset at my post, that’s your choice. I got the answer I was looking for in a post above and see no need to carry on, so Have a great day.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
LOL, I didn't want to start a new thread and I watched the game last night and saw he wasn't playing which is why I asked. I guess I could have gone to the Wings board and asked it, but I would have then been accused of just wanting to "rub it in" and trolling so I chose not to do that.

I guess I can see how choosing to quote that post I quoted can be seen as rubbing it in, but it was the last wings poster on this last page which is why I chose it. Whatever, I wasn't salty about the move when the Canes made it and certainly am not now.

Detroit clearly benefited from this trade......with higher picks.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I'm calling BS.

It really depends on the fan base and how is one to know. For example go ask the Habs about Dvorak.

That or they think you're just there for fantasy hockey advice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad