Despite rebuild and struggles, Canucks still averaging over 18k fans / home game

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
2017-2018 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

Canucks averaging over 18k fans per home game. 95% capacity

Im proud of you guys ! Vancouver has always been suspected of not being a sports town and or having a trendy/bandwagon fan base. BUT over 18k a game or 95% sold out shows we are willing to stick with our team through thick and thin !!!

The 5% we lost im sure can be blamed on the bandwagon fans and the coorproate suits who arent as visible at the games this year. However this has made the atmosphere at Rogers arena so much better this year.. fans are louder and more engaged !

Keep it up ! And see you at the arena !!

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Im proud of you guys ! Vancouver has always been suspected of not being a sports town and or having a trendy/bandwagon fan base. BUT over 18k a game or 95% sold out shows we are willing to stick with our team through thick and thin !!!

The 5% we lost im sure can be blamed on the bandwagon fans and the coorproate suits who arent as visible at the games this year. However this has made the atmosphere at Rogers arena so much better this year.. fans are louder and more engaged !

23rd of 31 teams in terms of filling our arena despite being one of the biggest hockey markets in the NHL! Yay!

Only teams to fill a lower percentage of their buildings are noted powerhouses/hockey markets :

New Jersey
Columbus
Ottawa
Colorado
Florida
Arizona
NYI
Carolina

Yay us!

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
23rd of 31 teams in terms of filling our arena despite being one of the biggest hockey markets in the NHL! Yay!

Only teams to fill a lower percentage of their buildings are noted powerhouses/hockey markets :

New Jersey
Columbus
Ottawa
Colorado
Florida
Arizona
NYI
Carolina

Yay us!

Still cant diminish the 18k loud abd proud fans that come to the games !@

Were on a downpart of the cycle right now, thats not a problem !!

I can gurantee you that if and when teams like san jose, anaheim , dallas etc are on their down cycle they will do much WORSE than 95% capacity

Reactions: Nomobo

cabinessence

Feb 18, 2017

New Jersey
Columbus
Ottawa
Colorado
Florida
Arizona
NYI
Carolina

Yay us!
I would think that Vancouver has ceased to be a large hockey market. Consider the demographic swing in the city and ask how many newcomers could even name 1 player. Sad but part of t the times.

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I've been to quite a few games this year and I call BS.

Sold tickets? Likely.

Going to the game? Not a chance.

Course it's based on sold tickets so it skews things.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
I've been to quite a few games this year and I call BS.

Sold tickets? Likely.

Going to the game? Not a chance.

Course it's based on sold tickets so it skews things.

Either way. Sold tickets are money in the owners pockets.

As for numbers itself, who really cares if the Rog is louder and mode lively compared to other years.

Honestly i think the atmosphere has all to do w. Boeser. He brings a buzz into the arena.

Especially on a PP.

Anytime he touches the puck ,people lean closer p
Out of their seats

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006
Worst attendance in 15 seasons, but yeah sure, congrats.

Also congrats on not being relegated to the AHL!

Great job icing a hockey team in every game so far this season! They haven't once accidentally missed a game or sent out a basketball team by mistake!

Reactions: MisfortuneCookie

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Worst attendance in 15 seasons, but yeah sure, congrats.

Also congrats on not being relegated to the AHL!

We have been very fortunate to have had very many competitiveteams since the WCE and our attendancr showed it.... unfortunately right now we are on the down cycle.

However you gotta be proud of Vancouverites for still continuing to flock to the games despite the team struggle !

It wont be long until that 95% will go back to closer to 100%
Unfortunately the ticket prices will rise as well.

This is why now is the perfect time to go to the games.

Tickets are actually affordable, atmosphere is louder and you get to see the young studs like Horvat and Boeser develop.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

... after a tiny bit of pushback...

Either way. Sold tickets are money in the owners pockets.

As for numbers itself, who really cares if the Rog is louder and mode lively compared to other years.

Honestly i think the atmosphere has all to do w. Boeser. He brings a buzz into the arena.

Especially on a PP.

Anytime he touches the puck ,people lean closer p
Out of their seats
I'm getting dizzy from all this spinning.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad