GDT: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures: Devils @ Islanders, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
Devils sliding down as expected during the mid-season. No surprise here. Really need to win this one to hang in with the group.
all the teams below us are within 4 points or less, and the Flyers play the rangers tonight (probably a 3 pointer) so one of them will be right behind us, Yeah we have to win tonight

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
all the teams below us are within 4 points or less, and the Flyers play the rangers tonight (probably a 3 pointer) so one of them will be right behind us, Yeah we have to win tonight

It's slowly going to run out, but the Devils still have the games played advantage on everyone. They do need to snap the slump quick to continue to be separated from the pack.

Devils -- 52 points in 42 games
Penguins -- 51 points in 46 games
Islanders -- 50 points in 45 games
Rangers -- 49 in 44 games
Flyers -- 48 in 43 games
Canes -- 48 in 45 games

Reactions: The 29th Pick

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
me before going to games

islanders 1/7: minor concern
flyers 1/13: total worry
islanders tonight: "meh"

my thinking now is sooner or later we have to win a game at barclays, like, just from an odds perspective.

i blame the new jersey nets.

last time we were relevant we still technically shared an arena with them. now we can't buy a win at barclays. grand.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Lovejoy has been playing well in his role. Santini has been so inconsistent, I do not mind him getting a rest. Have to remember this his first full season.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
That second line is horrendous lol. It's going to get stomped to death by their second line.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Devils sliding down as expected during the mid-season. No surprise here. Really need to win this one to hang in with the group.

The losses in Brooklyn and against Philly were inexcusable, but the start of this skid was caused by some bad luck and trivial overturned goals. The "as expected" and "no surprise here" crap is inappropriate given the context.

That said, I agree that a win tonight is crucial. They have to find a way. We can't leave Brooklyn tonight without two points.

Reactions: mtnet

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
It's slowly going to run out, but the Devils still have the games played advantage on everyone. They do need to snap the slump quick to continue to be separated from the pack.

Devils -- 52 points in 42 games
Penguins -- 51 points in 46 games
Islanders -- 50 points in 45 games
Rangers -- 49 in 44 games
Flyers -- 48 in 43 games
Canes -- 48 in 45 games

Games in hand is only a meaningful stat if those games are won.

It starts tonight. Lets ****ing go.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Was hoping Keith would get the game tonight =(

Good luck tonight, love the Spidy.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
22sp1d.jpg

I'd also kill for one of these tonight

1jreqo.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Tonight kicks off a week of in-division revenge games. All three of our opponents need to be told where they can stick that puck.

Yes, they do. Big week ahead for this group.

They need to start it off with strong showing tonight. I'll reiterate -- between NYI's long game last night, late arrival this morning, and our period of rest, there is NO reason to not outplay them tonight.

Hynes calling them 'desperate' should be a good enough kick in the ass.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Greene still being used as a top 4 dman is a problem they are still oblivious to. I guess he has to have a 7th straight game where his f*** up leads to a goal and where he gets burned for a 75th time in 43 games for them to realize his corpse needs to have his minutes drastically lowered.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
the most successful stretch of the season were all rick and morty gdts just saying

Reactions: JK3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad