RDS: Deslauriers wins the Molson cup. Good for him, embarassing for Habs

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
You don't see how it's embarrassing for the Habs? Are you serious or just trying to be a glass half full person about this specific situation. It is downright embarrassing that he was the Habs "best" player for the month of December. This is the team MB built and this is the guy that led them in December... You seriously can't see how this is embarrassing. You're right, it's a pathetic joke for an even more pathetic GM.

So lets say Deslaurier had 15 pts in 11 games and won it, would it still be embarrassing considering he's a 4th liner?

Top liner doesn't produce at a 50 pts rate.. but if you're talking about Habs top liner.. yeah right..

But it is embarrassing that an AHLer to start the season is the most productive Habs in a month.

Have some standards.. How is this not embarrassing? There's players paid much, plays much more.. that can even outproduce a 4th liner..:shakehead

Except he wasn't the most productive hab.
Both Galchenyuk and Carr had 9 pts, which is more than what Deslaurier got...

Have some standards? I'm not going to be butt hurt over who wins a meaningless award of the month...

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
So lets say Deslaurier had 15 pts in 11 games and won it, would it still be embarrassing considering he's a 4th liner?

Except he wasn't the most productive hab.
Both Galchenyuk and Carr had 9 pts, which is more than what Deslaurier got...

Have some standards? I'm not going to be butt hurt over who wins a meaningless award of the month...

Nobody cares about the freaking cup..

What people cares is the fact that we have nobody better than Deslauriers, a 4th liner that plays around 10 min per game in the whole month of December... He deserves his award.. he was our best player and most productive forward per ice-time. But it tells a lot about the rest of the team... Which is embarrassing. Get it? No eh? It's okay.

badbrains

Well Oiled Tank
Feb 1, 2016
ET
"I feel that with a healthy Shea Weber we are in the playoffs this year. We acquired an award winning player this year in Nic Deslauriers, players like that are hard to find! I feel the team is headed in the right direction, with a little luck anything can happen next year."

-Bergevin in April, probably, while Geoff Molson nods in agreement.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Nobody cares about the freaking cup..

What people cares is the fact that we have nobody better than Deslauriers, a 4th liner that plays around 10 min per game in the whole month of December... He deserves his award.. he was our best player and most productive forward per ice-time. But it tells a lot about the rest of the team... Which is embarrassing. Get it? No eh? It's okay.

He wasn't our best player tho.
Galchenyuk, Petry, Price, Carr, etc. were all better than him.

The molson cup doesn't necessarily go to the best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad