RDS: Deslauriers wins the Molson cup. Good for him, embarassing for Habs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
That's hilarious. Guy was in the AHL earlier this year. D'Lo has played well & deserves it. :clap:

But, does it ever underscore how bad everyone else was in December. This guy couldn't make crappy Buffalo & he's your player of the month?! :biglaugh:

Wow. We're worse than Buffalo, guys.

Reminds me of the bad old days when Begin could win it.

isthatso

Jan 20, 2017
Somebody needs to go and gloat on Buffalo's board by letting them know how their most hated player is doing here! He instantly became our best player, even if it is just for a month! :sarcasm:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Congrats to De l'or, well deserved. Great 4th line we have for sure.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
He had 4 goals and 7 pts with a + 10 in 11 games in the month of December.
He also led the league in hits during this month. He averaged almost 5 hits per game.
All that while averaging under 12 minutes.

Those are some pretty good stats. I don't see how it is embarrassing for the habs.
Sure he's a 4th liner, but he produced like a top liner....

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
"AHL Dman who couldn't make Buffalo's team, so bad at defence that he's playing forward wins team MVP of the month."

Sums up the state of this team quite well.

Reactions: LaP

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He also led the league in hits during this month. He averaged almost 5 hits per game.

Those are some pretty good stats. I don't see how it is embarrassing for the habs.

Danault started on the fourth so theres hope for D Lo.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012

No, no, no KawaYui! You are a Montreal Canadians fan. It goes like this "Sure he produces like a 4th liner, but he is a top liner".

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
What rofl really? Wow must be the first time a 4th liner wins this.

Gratz to him i guess ....
think it was last year that it wasn't awarded for december because it would have been Carr with 3 points for whole month.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

Top liner doesn't produce at a 50 pts rate.. but if you're talking about Habs top liner.. yeah right..

But it is embarrassing that an AHLer to start the season is the most productive Habs in a month.

Have some standards.. How is this not embarrassing? There's players paid much, plays much more.. that can even outproduce a 4th liner..:shakehead

Reactions: PhysicX

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

7 pts in 11 is a pace of 52 points. It's incredible for a guy like him and good for him but stats like that should not award you mvp of the month. It means our best players ****** hard.

To put things in perspective 7 points in the month of December is good for the 140th rank across the whole league. That's good for him but that's not good when it's our best player of the month. Not at all.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

You don't see how it's embarrassing for the Habs? Are you serious or just trying to be a glass half full person about this specific situation. It is downright embarrassing that he was the Habs "best" player for the month of December. This is the team MB built and this is the guy that led them in December... You seriously can't see how this is embarrassing. You're right, it's a pathetic joke for an even more pathetic GM.

Reactions: PhysicX

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
think it was last year that it wasn't awarded for december because it would have been Carr with 3 points for whole month.

Nah i think it was in the collapse 2 years ago and i think it would have been Condon winning it but his stats were so bad that they decided to just skip it. His save % was like 890.

Not sure though.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
How can this be looked at as embarrassing?
The guy worked hard and achieved at a better rate than his teamates - kudos to him!
Embarrassing cuz he beat out a bunch of other forwards?
Shit happens - get over it

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
How can this be looked at as embarrassing?
The guy worked hard and achieved at a better rate than his teamates - kudos to him!
Embarrassing cuz he beat out a bunch of other forwards?
**** happens - get over it
He didn't outproduce other forwards, at least not in total points. It's not embarrassing to him, it's embarrassing to the GM who built this team with 4th liners and thus 4th liner is your most productive forward.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Buffalo trades him
He comes to our organization
Is assigned to Laval
Busts his butt
Gets called up
Plays well along with his line mates for a month
Props to (him) them

If you can't accept that and need to go further good luck with the real world cuz it will affect you at almost every turn

Reactions: David Suzuki

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
The incredibly important Molson Cup*

I will not sleep tonight knowing this 4th liner has won the award that pk subban won so many times before! disgusting!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad