Design your team's perfect Stanley Cup run

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Like just seeing the Predators winning it would be enough for me. I could care less if the league found out all 15 playoff teams were using steroids and made them all forfeit the season and the Predators beat Buffalo for the Cup.

But I would love to see them beat Pittsburgh in 6 games with game six in Pittsburgh being tied up in the final minutes by Forsberg with a Matt Duchene level offside and the Penguins unable to challenge it. Then in OT having Crosby score what appears to be the Game winner but the ref waving it off because he intended to blow the whistle and Subban winning it in Double OT with clearing attempt from 100 feet out.

Last edited:

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
1st round - dont care who
2nd round - beat pens 4 games straight 23-0 each game
3rd round - dont care who
4th round - dont care who

David Lunch

Apr 11, 2018
I am sure every fan would be thrilled if their team won a Cup in any way, but given the choice, what would be the perfect run for you guys? Surely there are some rivals out there that it would be extra-satisfying to beat?

Kings fan here wanting to give love for the 2014 run. 2012 was a special run of ease and bewilderment, but 2014 was so much more rewarding, incredulous and electrifying due to the toughness of opponents.

Reactions: NoName

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Really?

As awesome as it would be (no fan is honestly going to complain about a team making an undefeated championship run), wouldn't it feel just a little bit boring? I always loved the drama of seeing my team pull off a comeback or win an elimination game.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Really?

As awesome as it would be (no fan is honestly going to complain about a team making an undefeated championship run), wouldn't it feel just a little bit boring? I always loved the drama of seeing my team pull off a comeback or win an elimination game.
Well that would be the perfect record. Perfect as in most entertaining? Maybe not.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
For the Leafs

The 4 toughest teams they could possibly face. I want them to go down as having the hardest road to the Cup anyone has had.

Lest we hear about how they had it easy or didn't have to play the toughest teams or whatever from all the cry babies out there.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Well I'm a habs fan but they're out so i'll post one for Pittsburgh.

Pitt vs Philly in 6 games. Crosby gets 11 points, Giroux gets 10 points. Crosby with the OT winner in game 6. Great series.

Round 2 Pitt vs Washington. Goes to 7 games. Very reminiscent of their 2009 matchup. Both Ovechkin and Crosby firing on all cylinders. Ovechkin gets 8 goals and 13 points, but Pittsburgh ends up on top again with Crosby scoring 7 goals and 12 points including a hatrick in game 7.

Round 3 Pitt vs TBL. Pittsburgh wins in 6 games, on home ice. Great series, every game is close/exciting, but Pittsburgh prevails. Sidney Crosby gets 9 points in 6 games.

Round 4 - Pitt vs Nashville. PK vs Crosby round 2.

I want a post game interview by PK/Crosby after every match. More fun/entertaining quotes moments. This is key.
6 games (to Pitt wins on home ice)
Crosby with 7 points in games, including 2 goals and game winner in game 6.

Pittsburgh = 3x cup champion
Sidney Crosby with - 39 points 3rd Conn Smythe trophy in a row.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
For the Oilers, it couldn't be much better than some sequence of Calgary, Arizona and Winnipeg before facing Pittsburgh in the finals.

Calgary is obvious, playoff Battle Of Alberta is long overdue. We'd need to probably beat both the Jets and the Coyotes to be safe, because the Oilers lose Cup finals that don't involve beating the Jets en route, and I don't know if it's tied to the city or the franchise. And I think the McDavid vs Crosby for the Cup storyline would be too much fun to pass up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad