Confirmed with Link: Desharnais signed to a contract extension (4 years @ $3.5M/yr)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Figaro95*

looking forward to seeing those numbers and how much more magic Berg has up his sleeve.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Interesting. Was sure we were going to keep him this year. Though, I expected us to trade him in order to make room for Galchenyuk (even possibly Eller). Thought we would trade him at some point. As much as I like the guy. His size will always be an issue. And there will most likely be better.

I had also thought of possibly signing Desharnais at a good salary. In order to make it easier (or better) for him to be traded.

Really curious to see the details.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
Considering the entire PK process I going to assume (and hope) it's a low number.

Kikizaz

Jan 15, 2008
Victoria BC
we're the real fans..

...or the unemployed ones.

Or the west coast ones :)

The writing is on the wall for Plekanec for best or worst

No, I hope this doesn't turn into a needless bash of Plekanec. He signed a fair contract with the team, and has entirely deserved it. Just because we now have several good players who happen to play C, does not mean we need to "make room" for anyone.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I can't see him getting more than Subban

Same. But he no longer gets the bridge contract treatment. So he could get slightly more... Besides, it seems pretty obvious that PK is palying much better than his salary. And may get an extension.

I'm hoping it's under 4 mill per year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1