Pre-Game Talk: Desert Doggie Doo

Status
Not open for further replies.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
Especially after Smith got 3 in a row. Unless Smith is out longer than a week or Koskinen gets hurt or stinks it up, this is likely just a recall for Skinner to sit on the bench for a few games.

Decent opportunity also to have some practice time with the NHL squad too. I can’t imagine that practicing against McDavid and Draisaitl doesn’t sharpen up your tendy skills.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Decent opportunity also to have some practice time with the NHL squad too. I can’t imagine that practicing against McDavid and Draisaitl doesn’t sharpen up your tendy skills.

He gets NHL $, practices with the big club and our coaching staff gets to observe him against NHL competition. If he gets into a game or two that would be awesome, but we can't treat Koskinen like the #3 goalie as we need him to be a NHL goalie for us this season.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
If you call not making a move for a better goalie and improving the offence at the cost of the defence “getting the job done”. Then sure, yeah Holland got the job done.
He didn't improve the offense at the cost of the defense lol. Jones is a non-factor, and Bouchard IMO is already surpassing Bear. One of them had to go, and it was the right call. Foegele has been great, and that third line is clicking. Larrson wanted out, so left.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He gets NHL $, practices with the big club and our coaching staff gets to observe him against NHL competition. If he gets into a game or two that would be awesome, but we can't treat Koskinen like the #3 goalie as we need him to be a NHL goalie for us this season.

Giving Skinner the Arizona game and starting Koskinen against Vegas doesn't sound like #3 treatment for Koski imo...

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I know we criticize the Oilers for our defensive play, but watching games around the league I can say that EVERY team looks this way at times, even the supposedly good ones. Shots tonight between Vegas and St. Louis were 43-37.

Reactions: Oilhawks and ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I know we criticize the Oilers for our defensive play, but watching games around the league I can say that EVERY team looks this way at times, even the supposedly good ones. Shots tonight between Vegas and St. Louis were 43-37.

It's early in the season still. I'm confident that Nurse will return to last year's level at least, and we've upgraded both our 2nd and 3rd pair, in addition to our better forward depth this year. I think the defence will sort itself out just fine.

Reactions: Cloned

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
Way better than the mess of a panel Sportsnet has.
Sportsnet itself is a mess. Went in there and was watching the habs game the other day (because watching them lose make me happy), and they had the TSN feed on sportsnet. Was so weird but in a good way.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Yeah, I'm okay with Skinner getting one of the next two games for sure.

I think it's more likely Kosk plays both, though.

Smith available to come off IR on the 29th. We have 3 games before the 30th, back to back and then 5 days till the next one. Then 3 days before the next one on the 30th

If Kostco wants to play them all, that would not be a stretch

they may want to give Skinner the vegas game just for his development

Reactions: NedPlimpton

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Which one is benson?

this one is Benson
benson.jpg

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Too bad we don't get Hutton. I was looking forward to seeing some records being broken. I guess Gagner pulled some strings from his time in Arizona.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If you call not making a move for a better goalie and improving the offence at the cost of the defence “getting the job done”. Then sure, yeah Holland got the job done.
Holland did improve the offense. He may have improved the defense as well, Keith has been just as steady as Larsson was last year to start the year, and Ceci has been a huge upgrade on any of our 2LD's. Bouchard has been better than Bear was last year. The only issue on that blueline so far is Barrie looking completely lost. It's still early, and we haven't played any top tier teams yet, so we need more time to know for sure, but the only thing I look at as a failure when it comes to Holland's summer is the goaltending.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Give Koskinen the AZ game and Skinner the Vegas game.

On a b2b the team could probably use a spark and playing in front of a young guy making his second nhl start might give them a some energy and make them play a little tighter defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad