Describe your playing style

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
When I was younger, I was kind of a Steve Yzerman-type. As I've gotten older and slower, I am now more defensive in my play. I used to be a pretty great passer, with pretty good moves, but have become more of a defensive forward or defenseman these days. I still can do the offense at times, but focus more on my defense these days.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I've only played for about a 9 months and I am not a natural athlete. However, I've played about 80 times in the past nine months so I am starting to come around. I play like a combination of Jyrki Lumme in his last season and Ken Klee. I tend to cough up the puck a lot and get beat by quick forwards. Occasionaly, one of my up the middle passes will connect so I pick up a few assists. I haven't scored a goals in about 34 games of league play (2 different adult leagues) but I'm a defensive defenseman with no skill. Of course, I score a goal or two every time I go to shinny.
Verdict: Klee's play with Lumme's head.

(lone)Yashinfan#79

from peers i have heard the comparisons Jere Lehtinen, Claude Lemieux.
i generally have very lopsided stat totals (low goal/high assist).

team i play for does a lot of cycling down low and i spend the majority of time [when in the offensive zone] at the side of or behind the opposing net...able to create of lot of chances from there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Undersized (5'10" 180) defenceman, top-flite skater and passer but have always lacked a big shot as a d-man - Always good at setting up a pp on high. Played up to VIJHL Junior B in Victoria

Current NHLer / AHLer - Brian Rafalski / Trevor Daley

PockIsGoD

Apr 16, 2004
Sherbrooke, QC
I guess i'm like Richard Zednik. Good strong skater, i like to get my nose in the corner. Bad Slap Shot but good Wrister. Average precision but i shoot a lot, so i get some goals, most are crappy. Average Puck-Handling skills.

On defense, i played some in CEGEP, i guess i was a bad D-Man. I have a bad vision of the game, i like to crash the net so i caused careless turn over. But i liked the extra ice-time you receive while playing Defense. One another point I liked in playing defense, was the Shot-Blocking and self sacrifice to the goalie.

bruins4777*

I play defense also....um i have a good wrist shot sucky slap shot, i'm a decent passer, but inconsistent. I'm really small but i can hit. I love to hit, but i can play with just the stick also, actually more so probably...i have good puckhandling but bad dekeing and such..I'm slow, but quick feet....I kinda play like shaone morrisonn or lidstrom..but not really.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Sean Avery....other teams hated me because I talked so much trash to win, and my teammates loved it....

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
Kirk Maltby/Brendan Shanahan/Sean Avery

Maltby - Defensivly responsible
Shanny - Strong on the boards, strong skater, tough to get knocked off puck, physically strong
Avery - Mouth that never quits, gets under opponets skin

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I try to emulate Trevor Kidd's style as much as possible. :D Seriously, I play a butterfly style that I would like to say is like Ed Belfour, minus the puck handling and the puck stops.

CH Wizard

Joe Sakic (or Bobby Ryan).

I'm playing Bantam BB and that's the best bantam league over here.I'm a scoring machine , I'm tied with the first scorer of the league (21 gp 26G 19A 45P).This league is physical.It's really hard to score.I'm a really big kid (over 6 foot), I play physical a lot.I'm not using often my size to dominate the game but my skills.I've a quick and accurate wrist shot and I'm really clutch.I'm not a bad skater but I'm not very flashy and I've above average passing skills.My foot speed isn't really fast because of my size.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Steelhead16 said:
You should dominate you're playing against Leprechauns!! (5")??? Seriously though, don't change how you play because other people cry about it. Those kids will grow and catch up and they won't take it easy on you later. Don't get in the habit of "playing down" to your competition it will be a hard habit to break later especially if you're new to the game. Play hard every shift and let the little guys fall where they may. Be a leader, don't follow!!! And keep playing, it's a great game.

Well, we're all the same age. 14, 13, and 12 and some maybe young, not sure. It's their parents I worry about, but its true. . .. it is hard to break outta the habit since I've started.. Now instead of just skating throught them with imtimination (Lindros) I skate around do crazy stop all over to confuse them and go in a score.

Toonces

They should have kept Shjon Podein...
Feb 23, 2003
New Jersey
For myself, somewhere along the lines of Chris Simon due to my physical play and build, but with the desire and work ethic of say Sami Kapanen.

I am not a natural goal scorer by any means, but I create havoc in front of the net. I'm primarially a playmaker, but above all else I love to check and always play super agressive.

DJmastamind

Jan 26, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
www.beckett.com
I dunno I'm tiny like a PM Bouchard or Theo Fleury. But i score goals like Lemieux and pass like Oates. I have a mean streak in me so i kinda got the Thachuk power forward thing going on, and i'm fast too.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
My last year of Junior BB, I played similar to Luc Robitaille. Good release, right spot, right time kind of player, with good hands, but not the best skater in the world.

Nowadays, back on the blueline, I would have to say that I am more like...hmm...I am pretty much a point a game in the rec league, so I like to join the play....but defensively responsible, and pretty much zero on the PIMs....Andre Markov?

(lone)Yashinfan#79

if you are able to go from floater to backliner in one shift you should get the Norris every season
(i'm just funnin', i kid because i love).

there is a Luc on my team and he gets bent out of shape when people call him 'Robitaille'

"c'mon, i play a 2way game!"

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
slats432 said:
My last year of Junior BB, I played similar to Luc Robitaille. Good release, right spot, right time kind of player, with good hands, but not the best skater in the world.

Nowadays, back on the blueline, I would have to say that I am more like...hmm...I am pretty much a point a game in the rec league, so I like to join the play....but defensively responsible, and pretty much zero on the PIMs....Andre Markov?
You could certainly do a lot worse than playing like Luc. I played with Luc back in the day during his first go round with L.A. I played defense and sometimes I would bring the puck up and be right behind him because he wasn't very fast, but his hands are unbelievable and he is always in the right spot. His release was also amazing, I would watch his stick blade and the puck would be gone faster than I could see. He has a little nasty in him though too, he'll slash your gloves off if you get under his skin. Real good guy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad