Describe Flyers season in one WORD

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
transition.

Which is what I predicted before the season, a horrid start due to goaltenders, injuries (Couts, JVR), but Hart, Myers, Lindblom add to the core of excellent young talent (not yet players, a year or two away for most), and the farm system didn't disappoint outside of LHV (mostly injury, Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase has wasted years).

5th year of a 7 year rebuild cycle, by 2020-21 this will be an elite franchise, not "scrape into the playoffs every other year" like most middle of the road teams that go nowhere.

Hextall died for your sins.

Hextall is much less a martyr than a stubborn old fool.

He got what he deserved for playing the grandmaster without a mind for an endgame.

Reactions: StarterHart

phlflyer1

Oct 16, 2007
South Jersey

Can't use that word without this...

tenor.gif

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
My word is jetsam.

Hextall, Murphy, Hakstol, Gordon, Laperriere, Wilson, Knoblauch, etc I bid you good riddance.

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
transition.

Which is what I predicted before the season, a horrid start due to goaltenders, injuries (Couts, JVR), but Hart, Myers, Lindblom add to the core of excellent young talent (not yet players, a year or two away for most), and the farm system didn't disappoint outside of LHV (mostly injury, Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase has wasted years).

5th year of a 7 year rebuild cycle, by 2020-21 this will be an elite franchise, not "scrape into the playoffs every other year" like most middle of the road teams that go nowhere.

Hextall died for your sins.

Hextall is much less a martyr than a stubborn old fool.

He got what he deserved for playing the grandmaster without a mind for an endgame.

Hexy had a vision and a really good plan to fulfill that vision. Unfortunately, he was completely unable or unwilling to deviate from or modify the plan when it was required. He deserves just as much credit for rebuilding our prospect pool as he does blame for refusing to admit his coaching staff mistakes. He didn't die for our sins, he died because of his.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad