Describe Flyers season in one WORD

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
transition.

Which is what I predicted before the season, a horrid start due to goaltenders, injuries (Couts, JVR), but Hart, Myers, Lindblom add to the core of excellent young talent (not yet players, a year or two away for most), and the farm system didn't disappoint outside of LHV (mostly injury, Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase has wasted years).

5th year of a 7 year rebuild cycle, by 2020-21 this will be an elite franchise, not "scrape into the playoffs every other year" like most middle of the road teams that go nowhere.

Hextall died for your sins.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
transition.

Which is what I predicted before the season, a horrid start due to goaltenders, injuries (Couts, JVR), but Hart, Myers, Lindblom add to the core of excellent young talent (not yet players, a year or two away for most), and the farm system didn't disappoint outside of LHV (mostly injury, Rubtsov, Laberge, Kase has wasted years).

5th year of a 7 year rebuild cycle, by 2020-21 this will be an elite franchise, not "scrape into the playoffs every other year" like most middle of the road teams that go nowhere.

Hextall died for your sins.
You're aware this is way more than one word, yes?

One word to describe season:
blasé

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're aware this is way more than one word, yes?

One word to describe season:
blasé

One word and an explanation for that word.

It was always going to be a transition season, even if they made the playoffs, did you really expect them to go far with whomever was the HC?
Next year, with Hart established in goal, and more talent arriving, they should make some noise.
But I don't see them breaking into the top 8 or so until 2020-21, top 4 in 2021-22. At that point you're a serious SC contender.
Sometimes a team makes a big jump but more often it's a 2-3 year process, learning how to win in the post-season.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
One word and an explanation for that word.

It was always going to be a transition season, even if they made the playoffs, did you really expect them to go far with whomever was the HC?
Next year, with Hart established in goal, and more talent arriving, they should make some noise.
But I don't see them breaking into the top 8 or so until 2020-21, top 4 in 2021-22. At that point you're a serious SC contender.
Sometimes a team makes a big jump but more often it's a 2-3 year process, learning how to win in the post-season.
Cut
It
Out

If you give an explanation to accompany the word, then you've failed to describe the season in one word. The thread topic was provide one word. You didn't, couldn't, wouldn't, do that. Pontificate here there everywhere, it's what you do. Alas, still wasn't the spirit of what was requested. If the one word needs further clarification, unsure folks could just google it (like the nail fungus one).

Reactions: PK16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad