Post-Game Talk: DERYK ENGELLAND FOR NORRIS APPRECIATION THREAD Engelland - 5, Blue Jackets -3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley
Actually thought Engelland played a pretty solid game. Still would prefer to see Despres in there, but what can you do?

Engelland is a guy I could see possibly having some value around the league. Especially to teams right against the cap, but then I doubt Shero would move him for futures.

Seems like a guy Burke would like though, maybe Engelland + 3rd/4th brings back Stempniak?

ByeBye

Jul 13, 2010
Actually thought Engelland played a pretty solid game. Still would prefer to see Despres in there, but what can you do?

I agree that he was solid, apart from the powerplay.
I still think that Despres brings much more to the table than him and should never ever sit for him but I wouldn't be so riled up if Byslma just has a different opinion than me on that. What really makes me furious is that Despres won't develop by sitting in the press box or gain any experience. I think he needs every minute of playing time he can get whereas Engelland is a 31 year old veteran that won't significantly develop into anything more than he is right now. Apart from that, we all know that the lack of experience will be used against the youngsters when it comes to lineup decisions in the playoffs but they won't get that when we keep on playing veterans that have no future on this team. That's what's wrong with this whole mess. Oh and that Engelland leads the whole team in ice time. That's just absurd.

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
Watching Glass trip over the circle when he was trying to defend the point was comedic gold.

I guess Glass and Quicksand make special "almost" plays only DB sees.

My favorite was on the 3rd goal when Glass was like, "I can def make a glove save on this shot! It went in? Oh well, time to line up the center ice face off."

Ragamuffin Gunner

Lost in the Flood
Aug 15, 2008
Boston
I agree that he was solid, apart from the powerplay.
I still think that Despres brings much more to the table than him and should never ever sit for him but I wouldn't be so riled up if Byslma just has a different opinion than me on that. What really makes me furious is that Despres won't develop by sitting in the press box or gain any experience. I think he needs every minute of playing time he can get whereas Engelland is a 31 year old veteran that won't significantly develop into anything more than he is right now. Apart from that, we all know that the lack of experience will be used against the youngsters when it comes to lineup decisions in the playoffs but they won't get that when we keep on playing veterans that have no future on this team. That's what's wrong with this whole mess. Oh and that Engelland leads the whole team in ice time. That's just absurd.

Especially when you consider that w/o Des in the line up Engo plays the 2nd PP.

Thinking more about the PP, why not give Olli 1st unit time?

Kuni - Sid - Neal
Nisky - Olli

JJ - Sutter - Garbage
Garbage - Des

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Especially when you consider that w/o Des in the line up Engo plays the 2nd PP.

Thinking more about the PP, why not give Olli 1st unit time?

Kuni - Sid - Neal
Nisky - Olli

JJ - Sutter - Garbage
Garbage - Des

Yeah I still don't know what the point of having a second unit is when you're throwing out Engelland and Kobasew. It's a wasted 40 seconds.

Washington pretty much always leaves Ovechkin and Backstrom out for the full 2 minutes. I don't see why Sid and Neal couldn't have stayed out there for the PP's entirety.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
A this point, what's it going to take to get Engo out of the starting lineup every night? Based on our use of him this year, there's no young player they will start over him aside from Maatta. Are we really doing this when healthy?

Martin Orpik
Scuderi Letang
Niskanen Engelland
Maatta

Because if that happens, I will move over to the Rags/Kirk dark side, so help me.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
A this point, what's it going to take to get Engo out of the starting lineup every night? Based on our use of him this year, there's no young player they will start over him aside from Maatta. Are we really doing this when healthy?

Martin Orpik
Scuderi Letang
Niskanen Engelland
Maatta

Because if that happens, I will move over to the Rags/Kirk dark side, so help me.

I fully expect to see that line-up come April and May if we haven't traded any of the vets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad