News: Derrick Pouliot will not be tendered a contract

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
So did Cam Fowler at 12. And he’s a top pairing defenseman. It’s the draft.... not sure where you’re running with this.
Fowler didn't come out of nowhere. Half NYR fans wanted him. (unless you meant dropped to 12)

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Remember when Pittsburgh refused to include him in the Kessel deal (as well as Murray) but offered Kapanen instead. Thank god.

Imagine if we'd put in Pouliot and Sprong instead of Kapanen. Though maybe Sprong would have been handled better by the Leafs.

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
Given every chance, just wasn't able to take it. Euro bound.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Ducks can use em. Our defense positions are extremely bad if we don’t get anyone to sign this off season. This definitely sounds like a Murray move. What’s the asking price though UFA?

More information if anyone gets it please.

Anaheim and Vancouver always are chill with each other regarding UFAs. Kesler and Bieksa for instance.

This move make sense for Anaheim. And it’s safe so no one is pissed off.

In the spirit of being chill about former players, you don't want Pouliot on your team. At all. Even as a 10 D.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

I guess this is the final nail in the Derrick Pouliot trade offers here!

The final tally must be somewhere north of 1500 . . . he must have been in every Penguins offer before going to Vancouver and now he's available for FREE!

So much for all the HF posters who tried to pump up his value . . .

Day is done, gone the sun . . .

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Pouliot unfortunately sucks - sometimes he shows a bit of offensive promise but his decision making under pressure is just absolutely atrocious. Nucks tried him on the PP as well but he was again horrible - he just doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to make quick plays and ends up giving the puck away multiple times a game - as someone who was watched every nucks game with poopoo playing; this player will not help your team.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Ducks can use em. Our defense positions are extremely bad if we don’t get anyone to sign this off season. This definitely sounds like a Murray move. What’s the asking price though UFA?

More information if anyone gets it please.

Anaheim and Vancouver always are chill with each other regarding UFAs. Kesler and Bieksa for instance.

This move make sense for Anaheim. And it’s safe so no one is pissed off.
Funny. In my EA NHL season I traded him to you guys for a 2nd round pick. He becomes your #4 defenceman.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
What is the story behind this?

My guess is it had something to do with this... I'm not sure but I think there was speculation about his conditioning and how seriously he was taking it around that time as well

Pouliot arrested Sunday for public drunkenness

Jab at our senile GM.

When signing Jack Johnson last Summer, he was asked about Johnson being a healthy scratch in Columbus - to which he replied: "it wasn't because of how he was playing."

Reactions: Oddbob

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I guess this is the final nail in the Derrick Pouliot trade offers here!

The final tally must be somewhere north of 1500 . . . he must have been in every Penguins offer before going to Vancouver and now he's available for FREE!

So much for all the HF posters who tried to pump up his value . . .

Day is done, gone the sun . . .
Lucic laughs at that minuscule number. He banks that every week.

Reactions: leeroggy

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
This dude does indeed suck. Buyer beware.

He could be a half-decent player if he stopped panicking when he has the puck on his stick in his own zone. Unfortunately, he has a knack for turnovers when he sees a forechecker coming at him 10 feet away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad