Derek Roy VS Patrice Bergeron

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Mountie said:
Sorry to the Bergeron and Bruins fans, but I simply don't see him being a superstar player in the NHL at any point in his career. He's going to hav ea solid NHL career, that much is pretty evident from what we saw this year, but I can't imagine him ever being more than a second liner.

OF course there is something to be said in his success so young, but in terms of the broader picture of his career, I maintain he is nothing 'special.' Special to me in top 20 in points or goals, a top 10 d-man, top 5 netminder, that sort of range, LOOSELY defined, and I don't think he will at any point hit that.

He's a good player, and he'll provide a good second punch on the Bruins second line playing behind Joe Thornton, but in my opinion, that is his career ceiling.

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/news_story.asp?id=82357

AvengerK

Mar 9, 2004
Cal Poly, the good 1
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

Live to televisions across North American, it's ROY VERSUS BERGERON!

Two will enter the ring, ONLY ONE WILL SURVIVE!!!

Who will it be? Place your bets now!!!

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Mountie said:
Sorry to the Bergeron and Bruins fans, but I simply don't see him being a superstar player in the NHL at any point in his career. He's going to hav ea solid NHL career, that much is pretty evident from what we saw this year, but I can't imagine him ever being more than a second liner.

OF course there is something to be said in his success so young, but in terms of the broader picture of his career, I maintain he is nothing 'special.' Special to me in top 20 in points or goals, a top 10 d-man, top 5 netminder, that sort of range, LOOSELY defined, and I don't think he will at any point hit that.

He's a good player, and he'll provide a good second punch on the Bruins second line playing behind Joe Thornton, but in my opinion, that is his career ceiling.

If he's top 20 in the NHL in scoring NEXT year, I would be surprised, not as surprised as with what he did this year, but still surprised. A guy who could not make Junior at 16 and jumps out of nowhere to be a 2nd round draft pick STILL shouldn't make the NHL the next year. If you'd asked me a year ago if I thought he could have gold medal at the World Championships in '04 I would have assumed you meant WJC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia