Confirmed with Link: Derek Roy to Edmonton for Marc Arcobello (Arco on waivers, Claimed by Pit)

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Stålberg to be recalled? Two games since being waived. Scoreless against Iowa and against Lake Erie (with Calvin Pickard in net) he had a goal, a primary assist and a secondary assist.

Not the hands of a 40 goal scorer... but nice forechecking...

As for Arcobello... I don't expect much. He has the same amount of goals as Eberle and more goals than Perron and Yakupov but... Oilers :)help:). He's a bottom six forward. Score a couple of goals and don't screw up too much. Looking forward to the debut.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
So what do the Oilers get from Roy that they don't get from Arco? Experience? Consistency? Arco has more point production this season.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
So what do the Oilers get from Roy that they don't get from Arco? Experience? Consistency? Arco has more point production this season.

They get to pay more salary for an older player with the same size as the asset they gave up. It sounds like a great deal because, well, Edmonton.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN

Seven hundred games of NHL experience? Edmonton needs more NHL vets to whip their kids back into shape, even if Roy is past his prime he should be a good guy for them.

Patch101

Feb 27, 2002
Kamloops
He has been excellent so far for us. Hope he keeps it up. 5pts in 6 games.

Him, Pouloit, and Yakapov very good against Chicago tonight.

luckofirish8

Jan 18, 2012
Nashville, TN
He has been excellent so far for us. Hope he keeps it up. 5pts in 6 games.

Him, Pouloit, and Yakapov very good against Chicago tonight.

I've actually been pretty pleased with how Arcobello has played for the Preds since coming over. He only has the one goal, but I like the energy and he seems to make the most of his slight build. Nothing spectacular, but a decent option.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Agree. Good energy, awesome he scored in his first game with us. Let's see where this goes...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
And there were those who thought he wouldn't be heading to Milwaukee...... Only reason he lasted this long was injuries.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I feel the same way. Nystrom's spot on this team is baffling outside of the cringe-worthy contract.

Nystrom (on IR currently though)
Jokinen
and Cullen this year. Showing his age badly.
Stalberg....

thecloser

Jun 29, 2012
NASHVILLE, TN
Nystrom, Jokinen, and Cullen are all expendable at this point but I think Poile isnt sure about messing with the mojo and chemistry right now.

Stalberg is also expendable but I don't wanna see him go. For some reason I have a soft spot for the guy.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
And there were those who thought he wouldn't be heading to Milwaukee...... Only reason he lasted this long was injuries.

I certainly didn't think he'd be headed to Milwaukee (at least at the outset of his arrival) but Lavy and the organization is showing loyalty to the guys that are here, and Poile has already commented that this is absolutely just a numbers game and not a reflection on Arco's abilities. I hope the guy gets picked up because he deserves a shot at a regular gig, and his 8 goals this season would be a welcome addition on any number of bottom feeder clubs. He certainly didn't embarrass himself during his brief tenure here.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
I certainly didn't think he'd be headed to Milwaukee (at least at the outset of his arrival) but Lavy and the organization is showing loyalty to the guys that are here, and Poile has already commented that this is absolutely just a numbers game and not a reflection on Arco's abilities. I hope the guy gets picked up because he deserves a shot at a regular gig, and his 8 goals this season would be a welcome addition on any number of bottom feeder clubs. He certainly didn't embarrass himself during his brief tenure here.

Half of his 8 goals came when he was playing above his talent level on the first or second line. He got a few games with Hall, Eberle and Perron. Arcobello is a fringe NHLer, he isn't terrible, but teams certainly won't be lining up to claim him and play him in the NHL.

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
Nystrom, Jokinen, and Cullen are all expendable at this point but I think Poile isnt sure about messing with the mojo and chemistry right now.

Stalberg is also expendable but I don't wanna see him go. For some reason I have a soft spot for the guy.

I agree with you on Jokinen and Cullen (also have a soft spot for Stålberg) but I'm one of the few that wants to keep Nystrom around. He's a good 4th line guy, brings a bit of toughness to the lineup and is very liked in the room. I would actually like to bring in another (don't shoot me) gritty forward to go with Goose and Nystrom. Someone like Clutterbuck or Tootoo used to be (heat-seeking missile type of player).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad