Confirmed with Link: Derek Roy to Edmonton for Marc Arcobello (Arco on waivers, Claimed by Pit)

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Could be that we are calling someone up or something.

No room. Someone was going to be sent down or waived today with Gaustad back from injury. We have 24 players on the roster and are only allowed 23. I just expected Stalberg.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
One thing I am surprised at though is that Poile waived Roy and didn't try to get a pick of some sort for him first. He likely will get claimed.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
Can we just waiver Jokinen instead and keep D Roy in the lineup. He's more of an asset to the team imo than Jokinen. Also can have Stalberg as well, don't care for his play either.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
Poile may have tried to trade him but other teams figured they could get him for free on waivers. I agree that Poile maybe trying to do Roy a favor so he can play on a team. With Fisher back we have got way to many centers and Roy lacks the size we need. Jarnkrok has locked down the 3C position and is our future. I think we'll give Stalberg another chance as we do need a 3rd line RW and we don't want to pay him 3M in Milwaukee if we don't have to.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Stalberg also to Milwaukee.

Maybe we are calling someone up. This leaves us with 22 players (assuming Roy is claimed that is).

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
jarnkrok's play these last two weeks and fisher's successful return meant roy obviously was totally expendable. still it's unlike poile to risk losing any asset for no return. so I agree, most likely poile has already tried to move roy and found zero takers. imagine EDM will pick him up immediately.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Roy is really cheap. 1 year. 1 million. He is worth that on a roster somewhere. I think he can be a useful player here as well given the right circumstances and injuries to certain players.

I do think the Preds probably have better options on the roster, and Roy's puck possession seemed to struggle this year.

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
I spoke too soon about Stalberg. Wonder if Poile is clearing contracts for a trade or to call up someone from Milwaukee to give them a shot

Wrong Box Legwand

Jul 29, 2013
I would like to see one of the deserving kids in Milwaukee given a chance now. Unless Poile is working out a trade, but I doubt it.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I would like to see one of the deserving kids in Milwaukee given a chance now. Unless Poile is working out a trade, but I doubt it.

Unless Jokinen is going to be scratched, it is useless as they will play with him if they play at all and that would be senseless. I'd rather them get playing time in Milwaukee than play with Jokinen.

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I still think it's a mistake to get rid of Roy as we could use him for the SO and he was great along the boards and keeping the play going in the offensive zone. He may not have scored alot but he was great at setting other people up to score. I like him and prefer him over Jokinen and Stalberg but I understand him not wanting to play on the third or fourth line now that there is no room for him in the top 6. Wish him well on his new adventure.

Last edited:

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I suspect he will get picked up, because it's a great contract for his potential. To me, he was smaller than I expected, so don't feel bad about this at all. We need to get some size on the roster.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
Austin Watson come on down!

Time to see what he can do...good fill in for any of the bottom 6 in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad