Derek Pouliot: first five NHL goals all GWG (first player in NHL history)

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I remember when he scored his 1st goal on his 1st shot. Lemieux came down to ice level to congratulate him, it was like watching the birth of a teams franchise player

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Unless all 5 were late in the 3rd or OT, it's pretty meaningless.

When he re tells the story 50 yrs from now it will all be overtimr winners and top shelf.

Being in the NHL record books as the only player to do something is nothing to sneeze about. Especially when the category is Goals and Game Winning Goals

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Also why does it matter whem a GWG is scored ?? Its still a GWG
It matters cause you could have a gwg in a 7-2 blowout win(ie player on the winning team scoring the 3rd goal would get the credit but doesnt matter much cause the score was run up so much), so generally gwg are more important if they are scored when the game matters ala late in the game.

Reactions: Kyndig

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
I’m pretty happy Pittsburgh refused to give us him in the Kessel trade.

Leafs might have been able to develop him into a decent defensemen. Pens put no effort into doing so

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Garbage player. A few offensive showings don't make up for his braindead defensive plays.

Type of player that can lose you a playoff series singlehandedly, no wonder Penguins never played him
Not to relish in your unhappiness with him, but I'm just glad that some fans outside of Pittsburgh are starting to see why we shipped this kid out. I remember some people saying that Pittsburgh got hosed because DP was "a top prospect". He never showed me anything impressive past his time with the Winterhawks.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Leafs might have been able to develop him into a decent defensemen. Pens put no effort into doing so
He was somewhat mis-managed throughout the Bylsma era, but he never showed anything promising in his NHL time here. Pittsburgh was trying to win now, not waste time and roster space trying to teach a slow-developing prospect how to play hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad