Recalled/Assigned: Derek Joslin called up

Alflives*

A bus would go straight over him and not even knock off his hat.

Ha Ha Ha. Love it! That's why I visit this board. Now, would Schroeder's hat be blue and somewhat pointy - like a smurf's?

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
Haha, I guess I'm probably the only guy around who has been fine with Cam Barkers play. Sure he's got holes in his game but find me a #8 dman making barely above minimim that doesn't. Sure I'd love to have Chris Pronger in his prime waiting in the wings but its not realistic.

I expected less than nothing from Barker, but he's exceeded my expectations. Has good poise and decent decisuion making with the puck. Better positionally amd with his stick in his own zone, and finishes more checks than I thought he would. I agree he can play soft in front of his own goal and isn't terribly fleet of foot, but he's been fine in the role he's in.

agreed.
no, you're not the only one, i've thought Barker has been decent and at times one of our better D's when it comes to first pass and breakouts.
i saw the replay too from last game and Barker get picked by Backes leading to the goal.
for a depth guy at 700K Barker has been solid in fact he's one of our best D's at moving the puck.
needs to step up the physicality if we wants to stick around but over all the hate for barker started before he even came here and won't end until Barker scores in the SCF game 7 winner.

even Gillman was on the radio saying it wasn't Barkers fault but hey, this fanbase loves to hate on its players.

good luck to Joslin if he gets a shot and fingers crossed that Vandermeer in beast mode makes an appearance at some point as well.

Barker Alberts Ballard Joslin and Vandermeer make Vancouver plenty deep at D imo.

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
A)We don't and B)Fair or not, almost every fanbase Barker has played for thinks he is rubbish. Ask Oilers fans, he was just there.

ya accept for Blackhawk fans but watever
i dont care about the past outside of his time in Vancouver and his play here as a Canuck.
i watched him close,ive seen every game, watched every shift, I've seen every second he's played this year, every other defencemen outside of Tanev and been burnt worse or blundered worse than Barker. Has Barker been great ? at times he's been very solid, yes hes been walked around but so has every other Defensemen on this team.

As a depth guy Barker has been solid.

Is there room for improvement and increased physicality ? yes.

I think our depth guys are decent. Barker and Alberts have done a good job so far imo.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
ya accept for Blackhawk fans but watever
i dont care about the past outside of his time in Vancouver and his play here as a Canuck.
I bet Blackhawks fans would acknowledge that his early success (getting a bunch of points) was more a reflection of who was around him, rather than him having talent back then that has dramatically tailed off. And you're right, you should go with the most recent examples of work rather than what he did last year or in the years before that, but it does show a trend.
I think our depth guys are decent. Barker and Alberts have done a good job so far imo.
I agree. I think Barker is a good #8, heck, maybe even #7. I don't think he contributes enough to not at least give Joslin a look, especially in (somewhat) meaningless games before we commit to a player for the really important ones (playoffs).

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
I am warning everyone, Joslin is horrible.

Just curious, when did you see him play?

I followed the Wolves pretty closely during the lockout. Joslin was absolutely dreadful for the first 6-10 games, and then really pulled it together and was the Wolves best D from that point on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad