Derek Dorsett's Career Over

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Sounds like out forever. He’s ready to move on. That sure escalated fast.
Pretty serious surgery he had. Was in that Halo with screws to the head.

Glad he got it checked out before it got worse. He should be proud that he made an amazing comeback, even for just 20 games.

Health is more important than hockey. He'll be on ltir until his contract expires next season.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Such a shame. When I started going to Jackets games in 2011, Dorsett was one of the few bright spots on the team. His hustle, hitting and fighting were great to watch. He was a serious pest who wasn't a bad skater and had more than a smidgeon of offensive talent.

It sounds like he had no real option but to retire. Best of wishes to him in his future endeavors.

Reactions: Chairman Maouth

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
You hate seeing injuries end careers. Dorsett had cervical fusion surgery to repair his neck a year ago, and it was believed to be career threatening then. He came back, put up solid numbers, and promptly re-injured it. He's done.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Disappointing end I'm sure, but carved out a much better career than was ever expected of him. I guess in some ways it sucks to spend all that rehab to come back for so short, but at least he went out on a good run

member 105785

had 7 goals this season, was much more than just a goon

Last edited by a moderator:

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
he was hated by many players and fans thats for sure
Doug McLean drafted him in Columbus. He said that whenever Dorsett's name was mentioned around the league to anyone involved with the NHL it was instant respect. I'm trying to find the podcast but it might not be up yet. That was said this morning.

Reactions: Mr Plow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad