Derek Dorsett

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
jagr would come
To the west coast let alone Canada? Come on

20130119_tjg_an4_143.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Has he ever said that he won't come to Canada?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Nick Lang said:
Didn't Dorsett lead the NHL in fighting majors last year because we had literally no one else that could or would drop the gloves? Dorsett is there to provide energy, toughness, and intimidation, not simply fulfill a pure fighting role. It will certainly be helpful if Dorsett is not our only option there, although I'm sure he could continue to do so if necessary.

Nope and nope.

Cody McLeod had the most regular season fights, Dorsett was second (caught up with post season), Prust was third. Anyone want to guess who Benning must be targeting for his next trade? Come on down Cody. Boll was 4th, why not get him too, then Willie can roll out the fighters 1-2-3-4.

He didn't have all these fight because nobody else would fight, he had all these fights because he likes pointless stage fights that serve no purpose and had no reason to be fought in the first place.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
In most instances a player like Richardson would have gone straight to hockey talk, giving talking points on Kassian. Rather, Richardson stoked the media flames further by candidly opening up and levying some advice for the troubled winger based on the things Richardson had noticed were wrong with his preparation. That's something you just don't hear every day in the NHL community. Usually players just give the most generic answers possible, especially when asked about teammates. I mean see the Sedins comments as te prime example. That's usually the way players respond when asked about other teammates. Richardson, who played with Kassian and was most effected by his prep problems spoke out publicly, why is that?

But please continue brushing it aside as a nothing comment.

Richardson said he was a guy you want to be around, yet nobody wants to be around cancers.

Richardson said he was not doing a bad job. Somehow you have interpreted not doing a bad job as doing a bad job.

Nick Lang

May 14, 2015
Nope and nope.

Cody McLeod had the most regular season fights, Dorsett was second (caught up with post season), Prust was third. Anyone want to guess who Benning must be targeting for his next trade? Come on down Cody. Boll was 4th, why not get him too, then Willie can roll out the fighters 1-2-3-4.

He didn't have all these fight because nobody else would fight, he had all these fights because he likes pointless stage fights that serve no purpose and had no reason to be fought in the first place.

I thought a lot of his fights had to do with us playing a tough brand of hockey in our bottom six, and standing up for the group when need be. Didn't WD also go on record saying he doesn't even want fighting on the team?

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Richardson said he was a guy you want to be around, yet nobody wants to be around cancers.

Richardson said he was not doing a bad job. Somehow you have interpreted not doing a bad job as doing a bad job.

Richardson threw out a platitude to take the burn off what he wanted to say...like I said, Richardson essentially said "Look, I like the guy plenty, but..."- not exactly a ringing endorsement.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Richardson threw out a platitude to take the burn off what he wanted to say...like I said, Richardson essentially said "Look, I like the guy plenty, but..."- not exactly a ringing endorsement.

You keep ignoring the fact he said he was not bad at it, could improve but was not bad. Words that don't match your narrative.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
You keep ignoring the fact he said he was not bad at it, could improve but was not bad. Words that don't match your narrative.

Yea, once again not a ringing endorsement. I wonder if Richardaon thought that in a contract year, Kassian's lack of game preparation was costing himself dollars, since Kassian- in Richarsons opinion was having some uneven starts to games.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Yea, once again not a ringing endorsement. I wonder if Richardaon thought that in a contract year, Kassian's lack of game preparation was costing himself dollars, since Kassian- in Richarsons opinion was having some uneven starts to games.

Who gives 2 ***** if he tries real hard.

He was a good player regardless.

Kassian with little effort >>>>>> Prust + Dorsett with all the effort in the world

Looks like he was a good locker room guy. Richardson, as far as I'm concerned, said that Kassian was a good glue guy.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

not a ringing endorsement. not a damning condemnation pretty much a nothing. this whole argument you are trying to run based on Richardson's statements boils down to much ado about nothing. If Kassian was a problem you need to find something better than than the Richardson if you a case.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
question concerning Dorsett. if i am overstepping boundaries i apologize.

With Derek having a young child at home and seeing the state of a lot of enforcers post career, do you guys think he may look to get away from the fights? He had 17 fights last year and was obviously very concerned about having to go to battle that many times.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
question concerning Dorsett. if i am overstepping boundaries i apologize.

With Derek having a young child at home and seeing the state of a lot of enforcers post career, do you guys think he may look to get away from the fights? He had 17 fights last year and was obviously very concerned about having to go to battle that many times.

I would think so. He has a basically a lifetime contract for a guy of his type so he has no financial need to fight, he has Prust to pick up a lot of the fights (a guy needing a contract and bringing nothing much beside fighting at this point). If he cuts out the stage fights and splits the rest 50-50 with Prust he would only really need to fight 4 or 5 times a year.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
I think he's had a pretty good preseason so far. Good speed, getting puck towards the net etc. Playing a simple game and not being a liability. The sad part is that he's likely the best player on our projected fourth line.

Last edited:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
I think he's had a pretty good preseason so far. Good speed, getting puck towards the net etc. Playing a simple game and not being a liability. The same part is that he's likely the best player on our projected fourth line.

yeah, dorsett gets lumped in with miller/sbisa/prust/vey and all of the other garbage acquisitions that benning has made, but unlike those players he can actually make a contribution above replacement level when deployed in a limited role

the biggest issues with dorsett are his contract and his overusage which both aren't his fault

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
not a ringing endorsement. not a damning condemnation pretty much a nothing. this whole argument you are trying to run based on Richardson's statements boils down to much ado about nothing. If Kassian was a problem you need to find something better than than the Richardson if you a case.

When's the last time a teammate on any team criticized another like that publicly in front of the media?

tyhee

Feb 5, 2015
Didn't WD also go on record saying he doesn't even want fighting on the team?

I don't think he's ever said that.

I have a recollection of him coming out against staged fights and clearly remember him saying a year or so ago that fighters (Sestito then being the topic) would need to be good enough to play a regular shift, but don't think he went so far as to say he was against his team fighting in general.

I took his comments as meaning he didn't want fighting for its own sake or for entertainment but that he wasn't against (and is probably in favour of) fighting to stick up for the team.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
I'm starting to form the opinion that Dorsett is a defensive liability. He should not be out there protecting a lead in his own zone.

Drop the Sopel

May 4, 2007
calgary
Just an outstanding effort by Dorsett to draw the penalty that allowed Vrbata and Daniel to hook up for the game winning goal. No point for Dorsett on that play, but it was instrumental in getting the win.

Guy is the prototype of what you want on your 4th line wing, just like Prust. Tireless worker, terrific team guy and enough puck skills and skating ability to contribute most nights.

Wasn't a big fan of the trade when it was made, but in hindsight, he's been a good addition for a late 3rd Rd pick. Would make that deal again today.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Just an outstanding effort by Dorsett to draw the penalty that allowed Vrbata and Daniel to hook up for the game winning goal. No point for Dorsett on that play, but it was instrumental in getting the win.

Guy is the prototype of what you want on your 4th line wing, just like Prust. Tireless worker, terrific team guy and enough puck skills and skating ability to contribute most nights.

Wasn't a big fan of the trade when it was made, but in hindsight, he's been a good addition for a late 3rd Rd pick. Would make that deal again today.

I like him too, but I don't want him out there in the defensive zone protecting a lead. Burrows, Hansen, Sutter, Horvat and even Cracknell are better options.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Verviticus said:
the single most memorable canuck highlight including dorsett is going to be the time edler walked the entire ****ing columbus team while they collided into each other and dorsett was too slow and fat to do anything but make an angry face and wave him arm. he'll have been here for five miserable years and thats what we'll have to look back on - the time he and his team was embarrassed by alex edler
Just because I love this image...

alex13.jpg

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
We are paying this guy 2.6 million for the next 4 years.

We get embarrassing effort out of him. No heart.

Meanwhile we let Richardson go who signed for 2.1m in Arizona for 3 more seasons.

Who would you rather have? A heartless player that is gets outplayed by a AHLer most nights or a 3rd line center?

God I hate this stupid ass contract more everyday.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
We are paying this guy 2.6 million for the next 4 years.

We get embarrassing effort out of him. No heart.

Meanwhile we let Richardson go who signed for 2.1m in Arizona for 3 more seasons.

Who would you rather have? A heartless player that is gets outplayed by a AHLer most nights or a 3rd line center?

God I hate this stupid ass contract more everyday.

They play different roles and positions. Richardson should be compared to Cracknell. And Cracknell is a lot cheaper.

Dorsett should be compared to Prust or Gaunce.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
They play different roles and positions. Richardson should be compared to Cracknell. And Cracknell is a lot cheaper.

Dorsett should be compared to Prust or Gaunce.

Dorsett and Prust compared to gaunce are you kidding?

Gaunce is closer comparable to Sutter than he is to Prust or Dorsett.

Which is better? Cracknell + Richardson @ 2.2m

or Dorsett + Cracknell @ 2.7m?

Is it even close?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad