Derek Dorsett

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
We are paying this guy 2.6 million for the next 4 years.

We get embarrassing effort out of him. No heart.

Meanwhile we let Richardson go who signed for 2.1m in Arizona for 3 more seasons.

Who would you rather have? A heartless player that is gets outplayed by a AHLer most nights or a 3rd line center?

God I hate this stupid ass contract more everyday.

I missed the Hawks game... what happened? What did Dorsett (not) do?

Because prior.. I thought Dorsett was looking better and better over the last couple weeks.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Let's not forget our gritty enforcer needed help from Hamhuis because he was getting his ass kicked while Richardson pumbles his man.

Some sweet ground and pound by one Brad Richardson.

I really liked Richardson the player.

I like him when he owned us while playing for the LA

And I liked him a lot as a Canuck.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
I missed the Hawks game... what happened? What did Dorsett (not) do?

Because prior.. I thought Dorsett was looking better and better over the last couple weeks.

Dorsett has sucked for his 2nd consecutive year here and is a waste of money.

Plays with no heart. No urgency. He only goes out and skates hard and fights occasionally.

It's a colossal waste of money. Meanwhile we could have retained Richardson while dumping this dead weight.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Dorsett has sucked for his 2nd consecutive year here and is a waste of money.

Plays with no heart. No urgency. He only goes out and skates hard and fights occasionally.

It's a colossal waste of money. Meanwhile we could have retained Richardson while dumping this dead weight.

I don't think it's necessarily a lack of heart, I just don't believe that he thinks the game very well. Kinda thw opposite of Prust who generally makes good decisions but lacks the tools to be overly effective. Once Dorsett's intensity gets matched it shows his lack of skills. Hence the poor playoff record.

coldsteel79

Sep 28, 2015
sask
I don't think it's necessarily a lack of heart, I just don't believe that he thinks the game very well. Kinda thw opposite of Prust who generally makes good decisions but lacks the tools to be overly effective. Once Dorsett's intensity gets matched it shows his lack of skills. Hence the poor playoff record.

I think this is right on the money

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dorsett is a heart and soul energy guy....the problem is the contract.....just can't justify paying a fourth liner $2.5m per.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Dorsett is a heart and soul energy guy....the problem is the contract.....just can't justify paying a fourth liner $2.5m per.

It's the entire contract including term. History proves that guys like Dorsett have likely played their best hockey already at this age. The fact he's making what he is and for the length he got makes is discusting. It's a terrible contract given to a 4th line plug by a big headed dolt.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
It's the entire contract including term. History proves that guys like Dorsett have likely played their best hockey already at this age. The fact he's making what he is and for the length he got makes is discusting. It's a terrible contract given to a 4th line plug by a big headed dolt.
He got paid with term. That is truly frustrating. I mean give one or the other (better yet, neither). It's embarrassing to watch him with his staged fights.

Best part? He's getting 52% offensive zone starts. Not only do we see him in the last few minutes of a game and on the PP, he (and his entire) are getting more offensive zone starts than Horvat, who is taking on large burden.

Hate seeing the 4th line out as soon as the opposition scores.

My bias and irrational(?) hate is seeping, I'm gonna stop there.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
When the Canucks are trailing by a goal...

Image-1_zpsvuzqnsxb.jpg

...out comes the ol' flow chart:

williechart_zpsqi8nowhu.png

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He got paid with term. That is truly frustrating. I mean give one or the other (better yet, neither). It's embarrassing to watch him with his staged fights.

Best part? He's getting 52% offensive zone starts. Not only do we see him in the last few minutes of a game and on the PP, he (and his entire) are getting more offensive zone starts than Horvat, who is taking on large burden.

Hate seeing the 4th line out as soon as the opposition scores.

My bias and irrational(?) hate is seeping, I'm gonna stop there.

No doubt about it. It's a brutal contract. Some people say we can't look at the contracts but in today's game with cap we absolutely have to. His lack of skill and uselessness just makes it worse.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
He's this era's Esa Tikkanen: brought in to spark the Canucks. It worked so well the first time too.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Let's not forget our gritty enforcer needed help from Hamhuis because he was getting his ass kicked while Richardson pumbles his man.

I didn't have a problem with Dorsett actually in that; he was doing his job after all. It's actually Pizza (another prized acquisition by Jethro - can't have enough "elite marginal players :laugh::laugh::laugh:") that I have a beef with.

Pizza was on the ice when that happened. What the Q@#@#$%@#$% was he doing?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00