Player Discussion Derek Dorsett: Best of luck in life.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Tied with Boeser for team lead in pts now

Reactions: dwarf

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Congrats Dorsie. Seems a sure bet to destroy your career high of 12 goals at the ripe young age of 31 and after major surgery. A unicorn sliding down a double rainbow would be statistically more likely than this. I may not be a fan but you deserve props for defying the odds.

Reactions: dwarf

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
What a great story so far, would be great to see him score 20 goals this year.

I'm ordering his jersey.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Have to hand it to Dorsett for all the hard work he put in after this surgery. In the past, I tended to get down on him for taking too many penalties, but he appears to be in much better physical condition now. It's nice to see all that hard work get rewarded. With the style he plays though, I just hope he stays healthy.

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
I've never been a DD hater. I didn't like his contract, not so much the money but the term - at 6'0" 190lb I figured he would break down from his style of play. I also didn't like the way WD deployed him. But in his role - an energy guy with speed, who can forecheck, PK and add some toughness to the line up, he's a very good player. Just don't put him on the top line or in the last minute of play when you are down a goal.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
79442996_10.jpg

yo?​

Reactions: dim jim

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Dorsett so far is the 'feel good story' of the season....coming back from career-threatening neck surgery and thriving in Green's pressure system....just a pain to play against; killing penalties and now with five goals on the season. They were saying that when he was in minor hockey he was cut from eight different teams, but here he is....a reminder that there's no substitute for perseverance.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
I don't know why people hate the guy.. to be honest he's been quite consistent during his time here. Unfortunately since we are a rebuilding team (as we claim), I think he gets a lot of poop thrown his way when people see him playing instead of our prospects.

The guy is just a pain to play against.. he has been really effective under this new system.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that his success so far mostly depended on luck, and I'm not sure if it's sustainable.

If he can prove me wrong and continue a steady pace, great. It'll make him worth his contract.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Maybe it's just me, but I feel that his success so far mostly depended on luck, and I'm not sure if it's sustainable.

If he can prove me wrong and continue a steady pace, great. It'll make him worth his contract.

The offensive totals are pure luck and won't be sustainable but he has been *much* better than in 15-16 when he was a complete sub-replacement level liability.

Reactions: Zombotron

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Just over 9 years ago:

You let this happen, Luongo. (look at who was the first person in on the goal celebration)

At the time, I want to say Dorsett's goal started a "the Canucks surrender everybody's first NHL goal" narrative, but I can't remember for sure.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad