Confirmed with Link: Derek Clancy Leaves Vancouver for Toronto

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
He's basically a news and rumour aggregator. He's got a large following because he's effectively the only account around that reliably bothers to comb out-of-town media and social for anything related to the Canucks and post it.
Pretty sure he must just be some retired dude (I assume the number in his handle is his birth year) who just listens to hockey news all day and tweets about it.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Pretty sure he must just be some retired dude (I assume the number in his handle is his birth year) who just listens to hockey news all day and tweets about it.
Some of his minecraft references suggests he's a millennial or zoomer.

Regarding the departure of Derek Clancy. I cannot speak to whether or not this is a big loss as I don't know how much of the work he put in here during his the past 1.5 years...but one slight concern right now is Rachel Doerrie and Derek Clancy's roles going unfilled. Not a big issue given the structure of the organization right now, but I do hope we fill any further departures and not run it back to pre 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: TruGr1t

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I figure Ryan Johnson will get promoted to AGM soon with the Sedins taking over his role as GM of Abbotsford.

Ryan Johnson doesn't live in Vancouver, he will never get that promotion unless that changes.

Nah he's young. He got married recently. His day job involves him driving a lot which gives him time for podcasts/out of town radio/etc.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
There is no greater example of nepotism and/or hockey guy bs than who the actual head of professional scouting is. Brett Henning resided over easily the worst professional scouting in decades and still has his job.

The funny part was the whole reason he got his job was because they fired his dad, and this was the one who was going to clean up the ship :rolleyes:

Also: we have Dale Tallon which I keep forgetting. He is an excellent pro scout as most teams go.

In Henning's defense, our pro scouting under Jim Benning was basically Benning/Weisbrod and Benning's white board. I don't think the actual pro scouts had much influence at all.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
In Henning's defense, our pro scouting under Jim Benning was basically Benning/Weisbrod and Benning's white board. I don't think the actual pro scouts had much influence at all.
Yeah, fair, maybe. That being said, he has been similarly insulated here with this regime too with like 2-3 bosses. Maybe we will never know!

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Taj was originally great when he would just quote things. Now he posts misleading quotes that are just part of what was said and you need to go back and listen to what was actually said and how.

His takes on the other hand have absolutely always been hot garbage.

He also now likes to post "fake stuff" as jokes.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Taj was originally great when he would just quote things. Now he posts misleading quotes that are just part of what was said and you need to go back and listen to what was actually said and how.

Yeah, he likes news that fits with his world view even if it is suspect.

Reactions: arttk and racerjoe

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004

He’s a fine source if you don’t have time to catch every radio hit or podcast, but his increasingly self-aggrandizing editorial (see anything about Silovs) is a bit much.

He’s your average HF poster with a much larger audience.

Reactions: racerjoe

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
He's basically a news and rumour aggregator. He's got a large following because he's effectively the only account around that reliably bothers to comb out-of-town media and social for anything related to the Canucks and post it.

This is why I started posting my own recaps. Last season he was very good but he’s been useless this season. Not only does he only post to match whatever narrative he’s pushing, he stopped actually posting most rumours or news. Ended up figuring out my own rotation of places to check out and dropped him from my search feed.

Always figured he had an office job that allowed him a lot of free time to listen and write-up, similar to mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad