Proposal: Depth Scoring to Colorado

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Colorado continues to be a borderline playoff team and Colorado's first round pick projects to be in the 15-20 range, I don't believe that they would move the pick at the TDL. They are definitely not trading the Ottawa pick. It leaves only a few options if Colorado goes the rental route. like Colorado's second round pick or Ottawa's 3rd round pick. I personally don't see Colorado going for a TDL rental unless they go on a run and are much higher in the standings in a couple of months.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Avs need a surefire second liner to make a difference, reclamation projects need not apply. Silf is the kind of thing we'd be going after more than Hudon.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
if Boikov doesn't interest Montreal so much, I'd be open to move some other names instead. (Graves is not one of them, though)

as others have said, the Avs are in need of someone a few steps above Hudon, but I don't think this move would hurt them in any way. they have a plethora of third pairing Ds and not that many NHL forwards recently with the injuries of Ghetto, Wilson, Kamenev... better taking a shot at someone like Hudon (like they did previously with Kerfoot for example and it worked out nicely) than giving a spot to someone like Bourque or Dries. ps: it didn't work out with Yakupov or Dano, but you only succeed if you try.

Reactions: Mac Attack

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
if Boikov doesn't interest Montreal so much, I'd be open to move some other names instead. (Graves is not one of them, though)

as others have said, the Avs are in need of someone a few steps above Hudon, but I don't think this move would hurt them in any way. they have a plethora of third pairing Ds and not that many NHL forwards recently with the injuries of Ghetto, Wilson, Kamenev... better taking a shot at someone like Hudon (like they did previously with Kerfoot for example and it worked out nicely) than giving a spot to someone like Bourque or Dries. ps: it didn't work out with Yakupov or Dano, but you only succeed if you try.

Aj Greer ?

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Avs need a surefire second liner to make a difference, reclamation projects need not apply. Silf is the kind of thing we'd be going after more than Hudon.
Last season under Doug Weight,Eberle had 59 pts.
This season, with Trotz asking for more defensive responsibility from his fowards, Eberle is not producing .

I would not be surprised if Eberle is moved for picks or prospects ay the TDL.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
The Avs need depth scoring, I agree. Just not sure Hudon would be that depth scoring they need.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
Avs should aim higher for scoring depth,
Toffoli, Nyquist and Silfverberg are all guys that’s I could see as a good fit

They have 2 firsts in a very forward heavy draft and UFA this year has 5000 top 6 players, almost more than teams will be able to pay. They will have plenty of non trade options to increase their roster.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
would Avs be interested in Nikolay Goldobin? he's good offensively, creative, but lacks defensive awareness, he's out of favour with the coach in Vancouver seemingly due to the latter, would be a decent middle 6 option for a contender though IMO

Not unlesss the player who is making him good comes with him haha. Van is smart to move him why they could convince a team he is actually worth anything and not just being propped up by Better-than-Mcdavid

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Considering what the Avs need (1st liner for the 2nd line), I'd much rather take a chance on the Sens 1st ending up being a top end forward (Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Podkolzin) than giving up what it would take to try to get that kind of player in a trade. There are also some interesting forwards in the 15-20 range that could be good additions to the team.

Reactions: Meeqs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad