Proposal: Depth Scoring to Colorado

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal has Charles Hudon struggling to crack the lineup, but some think he can contribute to a teams middle six in a scoring role.

Charles Hudon, 24 y/o, 650k RFA

for

Sergei Boikov, 22 y/0 682k RFA

While this isn't filling the glaring need of a #1 LD for the Habs, it gives them depth on that side and a guy who can play the old Emelin style game with more unknown/potential.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I’d like the Habs to get some value back for Hudon. I feel he will be dealt at the deadline for some reason in a package.

I don’t expect Bergevin to do anything major this year unless the Habs go on a big run from now until deadline and see them in the top 3 in the Atlantic with a good lead which I doubt happens.

But I think Bergevin will take on expiring contracts and get value back for players like Hudon instead of seeing them go for nothing on waivers or something.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I'd probably do this. How long is Hudon's contract?
Expiring 650k.

RFA though.

If Colorado would want him I’d be willing to make a move of the OPs suggestion.

Though the whole talk of Claude not fond of Russians I’m not sure but something like this package works for me.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Expiring 650k.

RFA though.

If Colorado would want him I’d be willing to make a move of the OPs suggestion.

Though the whole talk of Claude not fond of Russians I’m not sure but something like this package works for me.
Colorado has had success with Montreal's sort of "castoffs"... Andrighetto and Barberio have found decent a home there. More so Andrighetto.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Definitely wouldn't want Hudon on the Avalanche. They have a roster full of Hudon's right now.

Also...Habs can have Andrighetto back.

Reactions: milehigh11

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Done.

AVs trade for a struggling Winger, MTL gains some depth and size. Works for both sides.

Good trade.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
The Avs don't need depth scoring, they need top 6 players. They have guys in the minors like Greer who are already pushing for a spot, so adding to that log jam doesn't really accomplish anything

Reactions: milehigh11

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
The Avs don't need depth scoring, they need top 6 players. They have guys in the minors like Greer who are already pushing for a spot, so adding to that log jam doesn't really accomplish anything
Hudon would be a cheap gamble to try out in the top 6. I think he has Yanni Gourde-like potential especially if teamed up with guys like Colorado has in the top 6.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Hudon would be a cheap gamble to try out in the top 6. I think he has Yanni Gourde-like potential especially if teamed up with guys like Colorado has in the top 6.
Hudon's not an improvement on any of their other depth players.

Reactions: Meeqs

OLUSAF

Sep 8, 2007
Avs should aim higher for scoring depth,
Toffoli, Nyquist and Silfverberg are all guys that’s I could see as a good fit

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
What does Colorado have for Silfverberg ? Landeskog could use another Swede on his team.
In terms of prospects or picks.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
would Avs be interested in Nikolay Goldobin? he's good offensively, creative, but lacks defensive awareness, he's out of favour with the coach in Vancouver seemingly due to the latter, would be a decent middle 6 option for a contender though IMO

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I’ve always loved Hudon but he doesn’t solve anything in Colorado. Colorado’s issue isn’t just “depth”. They have plenty of NHL level depth. Their need is high end depth. They need a first line caliber player to play on their second line.

Hudon would just join the list of rotating scratches. He’s an NHL player, but he isn’t an upgrade on the Ghetto/Jost level depth they already have.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I could see the Islanders open to trading Eberle at the deadline, not sure if the AVs want a playoff rental though

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
Goldobin may be available if the reports are true.

50% retained eriksson or Gagner also for cheap and can take a not so good contract back if you have one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad