Depth Chart Goalie #1 (READ OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darglor

Feb 17, 2012
Voted Stone since Lazar's going to wind up at center and I'm still not completely sold on Chiasson. It's close.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I can remember saying that Ceci will eventually replace Gonchar as this team's 2nd pairing right side defenceman. I didn't think that is that big of a prediction back then, although there were still numerous people that disagreed, but it looks like he will be for some time to come. Of course, Ottawa still has to move at least one defenceman who is presently on the roster for Ceci to be permanently on the roster in Ottawa or he'll have to wait to be an injury callup. Being the only defenceman who is waiver exempt sort of hurts his chances of staying past training camp IMO.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Should be a very interesting yr for the right wing jobs in Ottawa this yr especially if BM makes another deal to bring in Chris Stewart who also plays RW. Chiasson needs to get off to a good start but I also think Stone will be a very good player for this organization. I voted Stone because I think he could be better than Ryan at some point some day or overall during his tenure here in Ottawa.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I can remember saying that Ceci will eventually replace Gonchar as this team's 2nd pairing right side defenceman. I didn't think that is that big of a prediction back then, although there were still numerous people that disagreed, but it looks like he will be for some time to come. Of course, Ottawa still has to move at least one defenceman who is presently on the roster for Ceci to be permanently on the roster in Ottawa or he'll have to wait to be an injury callup. Being the only defenceman who is waiver exempt sort of hurts his chances of staying past training camp IMO.

I think Ceci will be on the roster full-time this season, unless management pulls some Zib-style shenanigans at the beginning of the year. Ceci is here to stay, I believe, and if we move him down to the AHL at some point this year, it is purely numbers and not due to his play. We'll see.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Ceci will be on the roster full-time this season, unless management pulls some Zib-style shenanigans at the beginning of the year. Ceci is here to stay, I believe, and if we move him down to the AHL at some point this year, it is purely numbers and not due to his play. We'll see.

That's basically what I'm thinking, I doubt the Sens start the season with 8 defencemen. Ceci due to the numbers & being the only defenceman who is waiver exempt, unfortunately, will likely get sent down to Bingo until a defenceman in Ottawa is moved out.

I think there will be a lot of competition this yr for the roster spot to play with Karlsson & not be the guy moved out of town. IMO there is no question that a LD will be traded & moved out at some point & I think it could be Methot, especially if they are unable to sign him before the season starts. He would also give Ottawa a pretty good return, maybe even in a package for Kane, Stewart or some young gun (Mantha/Couturier). Of course, a season ending injury to a defenceman would also clear a roster spot for the yr & possibly force Ottawa to keep all their defencemen. Or then again, maybe our young defencemen never live up to the potential we think they have which coud also force Ottawa to keep Methot & trade one of them away instead.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm looking forward to a Cowen, Wiercioch & Harpur left side some day in Ottawa & a Karlsson, Ceci & Gryba right side. Maybe we can improve on Gryba in the next yr or so with a decent good young two way big tough defenceman for the bottom pairing right side.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Thing with all these polls is that when you open up the door for "not only this year" then all of a sudden we might be ranking prospects who last played in the OHL higher than bonafide NHL players.

For example, Lazar may end up ranking above Legward in the #3C spot coming up because we expect Curtis to be a stud, but Legwand will be much more critical to the Sens' success this year than Lazar. I think I would have liked to see all these depth charts done pertaining to this season only, otherwise it's just like making a prospect ranking list out of current players' potential ceilings. Ah well. Complaining for the sake of complaining.

I agree with you. IMO Legwand will be the 2nd line centre this yr ahead of Zibanejad to start the yr anyway & Lazar will be back in junior. We will see if Zibanejad can beat out Legwand for the 2nd centre job, I think it's Legwand's to lose due to his experience & PM likes experienced two way players. Zibanejad could be the centre of the future but who knows when that will be, if it even happens.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Does Alex Guptil have any chance of being an NHL scoring LWer? Whoever wrote this below about him seems to think he is a talented player with potential. I guess we'll see how he does in Bingo this yr & move forward from there.

Talent Analysis
A big body that quickly impressed Michigan coach Red Berenson with his offensive ability. A terrific goal scorer that exudes offensive potential. He thinks on a high-level and can keep up with talented offensive minds. He goes to the front of the net well and can score on the rush with a quality wrister. A good skater that protects the puck well. Still learning the game and his defensive responsibilities. He has a very projectable frame and could grow into a rather powerful forward down the line.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Lehner, though like Emery he has the potential for a nuclear meltdown at any time, although, I do find those amusing & entertaining sometimes. :nod:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
As it stands now:
1. Anderson
2. Lehner - is this the yr he takes the #1 job?
3. Hammond - should be Bingo's #1 goalie this yr & Ottawa injury replacement
4. Greenham - could be the backup in Bingo to start the yr or #1 in Elmira
5. Hogberg - based on this yr's development camp, I though Hogberg looked like the better goalie of the two.
6. Dreidger - could see time in Elmira to start his first pro yr

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
While I don't agree that MacArthur is the best LW on the team, I do think he will be on the 1st line because of his chemistry with Turris & Ryan. I think Michalek is the best LWer on the team & has had the better career to this point. MacArthur has had decent seasons but had that one good yr last yr, hopefully, he will repeat that same success this yr.

Karlsson2Turris*

Voted Milo as he is the only proven guy left. I would say it's this:

Mac
Milo
Hoffman
Puempel
Guptil
Greening
Prince

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Does Alex Guptil have any chance of being an NHL scoring LWer? Whoever wrote this below about him seems to think he is a talented player with potential. I guess we'll see how he does in Bingo this yr & move forward from there.

Talent Analysis
A big body that quickly impressed Michigan coach Red Berenson with his offensive ability. A terrific goal scorer that exudes offensive potential. He thinks on a high-level and can keep up with talented offensive minds. He goes to the front of the net well and can score on the rush with a quality wrister. A good skater that protects the puck well. Still learning the game and his defensive responsibilities. He has a very projectable frame and could grow into a rather powerful forward down the line.

Do you guys have any news on the two players that came over from Dallas in the Spezza trade - Guptill and Paul? I haven't heard too much about these players and was just curious.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Many people think Andy will be there next season as well or is it because I said "is" instead of "will be"?

If somebody could help me word the intro and the vote question better... that'd be cool

Ok...I see I've also misinterpreted. Let's see...

Who are the most important players for this team over the next three/four/five/however many years?

That closer to what you're aiming for here?

edit: In any case, I think the fault is ours more than anything X, not reading carefully enough and people seem to be catching on.

Maybe just draw a sharp line and make it purely for "prospects"? Once you throw current players in with prospects its gets muddy. Then you'd need to define prospects of course. The hockey futures (?) definition I saw floating around might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad