24 Geisser - 43 Glauser
61 Herzog - 71 Corvi - 10 Ambühl

54 Marti - 72 Egli

60 Scherwey - 23 Kurashev - 79 Thürkauf

Only change in goal.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
That first line didn't really kick in. I wonder if Suter could work better there? Or even someone like Corvi?

SwissFan12

May 15, 2022
I don't know why Fisher keep puting bertschy with Hischier and Meier. I hope everyone is gonna do the job today cause Danes could be trouble.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
At the Olympics that was very even IMO. Here I think Swiss edge as they have a great team.

3-2 Swiss in a close game

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
I don't know why Fisher keep puting bertschy with Hischier and Meier. I hope everyone is gonna do the job today cause Danes could be trouble.
I think he had a plan for that line, and there's a reason he put them together in the first place. You don't change that after 15min TOI in a game with exhibition character.
He can't really get too much from one game against italy. The Nico/Meier line wasn't worse than others, and they weren't really tested in tight spaces and difficult minutes...
If it doesn't work today, time to change!

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Will be a difficult game for Switzerland. Danes aren't bad I think. I expect a rather close game.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Switzerland efficient, first chance, first goal.
Nice work by Ambühl again.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
it would be funny if they were mic'ed up, I'm pretty sure the trash talk between scherwey/ehlers has been in proper swiss german lol
important to get the lead it would be extremely difficult to get the equalizer against that defense

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Scherwey brings so much to the table. And he is always good for the NT. Underrated player.
I agree. IMHO one of the reasons Olympics weren't a success. He was missed.

Why the hell does Bertschy take faceoffs when you have Hischier?

Jon Riley

May 2, 2015
Oslo
The coal against Domina Giggly... I think the YouTube stream has an automatic caption thing and it's hilarious

swissdude

May 18, 2019
the call against bertschy is ok but there had to be an elbowing call aginst the danes it's a joke that this leads to PP for DEN

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Refree says "clean". No way this is clean. Impact shoulder to head.
Hope Siegenthaler is okay.

Edit: But stupid penalty to take by Bertschy. Not very smart.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Refree says "clean". No way this is clean. Impact shoulder to head.
Hope Siegenthaler is okay.

Edit: But stupid penalty to take by Bertschy. Not very smart.
yes primary impact was the head and that's a penalty nowadays even if I don't think it was intentionally by the dane and the penalty of Bertschy was plane stupid, I like when players step up for their teammates but not that way...

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Sieg has his head down, Lauridsen didn't jump nor did he elbow him, arm was on the shoulder.
I don't know how he could've avoided the head contact.
Clean hit to me.
I'm not exactly sure how IIHF rules are different but in the NHL, that's not a penalty.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
Scherwey brings so much to the table. And he is always good for the NT. Underrated player.
Love him! Not many players in the game that combine a grinder's mentality with lightning speed and a nice skillset too.
That breakaway was played brillantly by him!

Herzog and Glauser are the other "+" players in that game so far. Genoni solid as always

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald
Sieg has his head down, Lauridsen didn't jump nor did he elbow him, arm was on the shoulder.
Clean hit to me.
I'm not exactly sure how IIHF rules are different but in the NHL, that's not a penalty.
You are right in the NHL its a clean hit. IIHF rules dont allow any contact with the head when hitting an opposing player though.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
Clean hit to me.
I tend to agree with you that Siegs head was down and the hit was clean but I thought that you have to avoid head contact, so it's kind of a borderline call I gues, 10 years ago it wouldn't be a discussion at all

swissexpert

Sep 21, 2009
You are right in the NHL its a clean hit. IIHF rules dont allow any contact with the head when hitting an opposing player though.

It's definitely not clean by IIHF rules, anyways, good pp goal and What a shot

VI.
A skater who delivers a bodycheck to an opponent who is skating with the puck with his head down in the direction of the skater, and does not use an upward motion or drive his body up into the opponent, will not be penalized for checking to the head or neck.

Head down is the deciding point. Don't think there was an upward movement from Lauridsen.

swissdude

May 18, 2019
another unnecessary penalty by Bertschy could have absolutely avoid that tripping/slew foot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad