Emil Markussen (Aalborg)
Victor Cubars (Hvidovre)
Christoffer Gath (Herlev)
Maksim Popovic (Herlev)
Peter E Larsen (Herning)
Magnus Carlsen (Herlev)
Asger Petersen (Herlev)
Søren Dietz (Malmö

Several potential returnees, including Jonas Rondbjerg back for his 4th WJC.
He looked great for this team last year and should be a leader.
Also defenseman Jeppe Urup, named one of the three best players of the tournament for Denmark last year, is a potential returnee.
Defenseman Malte Setkov, a 4th round pick of Detroit, and Rondbjerg, a 3rd round pick of Vegas are the only NHL drafted players in camp.

In their now 5th straight year in the top division of the World under 20, I’m sure Denmark seeks to get back to the quarterfinals like in 2015, 2016 and 2017, unlike last year’s relegation round participation.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Solid roster with Jonas Røndbjerg and Malte Setkov as probable leaders. No bright rising star like Ehlers or Oliver Bjorkstrand, but still they can be pretty competitive.

Reactions: smitty10

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Excited to see Søgaard on a big stage - based on his WHL play in a pre-draft season, he looks to be a big talent, even if he is young. And we know goalies can steal games in tournaments.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Malte Setkov really impressed me on Wednesday in person. Jumped up into the rush a lot and skated way better than I thought he could. Hard to do too much against Finland and the team only had 9 shots on goal but he was responsible for half of those. Played half of the game and was very good physically. Rjondberg was quite invisible the entire game, but it's hard to pop out in a team with players like these compared to the depth and talent of Finland.

Reactions: Valdemar

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Malte Setkov really impressed me on Wednesday in person. Jumped up into the rush a lot and skated way better than I thought he could. Hard to do too much against Finland and the team only had 9 shots on goal but he was responsible for half of those. Played half of the game and was very good physically. Rjondberg was quite invisible the entire game, but it's hard to pop out in a team with players like these compared to the depth and talent of Finland.

Yeah, Setkov is easy visible to the average fan. If you watch him closely all through a game you will begin to notice a bunch of mishaps and errors to his game. Primarely when he is off the puck. But yes, he looks great with his fine skating abilities, nice shot, nice hands and lots off offensive initiative.

Do the same thing with Rondbjerg and you will get the exact opposite experience. Suddenly you will notice, that Rondbjerg does all the small things, that you don't notice just watching the game like a normal fan. If you just watch everyone at a game Rondbjerg rarely will stand out.

This is why scouts only watch one player at a time. You will simply miss out on too many things by trying to scout several players at the same time.

Reactions: BigBadBoar

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Yeah, Setkov is easy visible to the average fan. If you watch him closely all through a game you will begin to notice a bunch of mishaps and errors to his game. Primarely when he is off the puck. But yes, he looks great with his fine skating abilities, nice shot, nice hands and lots off offensive initiative.

Do the same thing with Rondbjerg and you will get the exact opposite experience. Suddenly you will notice, that Rondbjerg does all the small things, that you don't notice just watching the game like a normal fan. If you just watch everyone at a game Rondbjerg rarely will stand out.

This is why scouts only watch one player at a time. You will simply miss out on too many things by trying to scout several players at the same time.

Great point. Setkov plays a courageous game, skates a lot, but especially his positioning still needs a huge development. Above all, he often makes mistakes around his own net. Given his frame, he should also be much more physical. Still, I see a great potential in him.

Reactions: Vandalay Industries

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

I'm an amateur scout.

Setkov has a lot of issues still, and there was lots exposed on Wednesday, he was beat quite a bit and obviously isn't the strongest defensively in some areas, speaking specifically about his physicality not being what it could be, his positioning and his awareness.
Rondy didn't stand out much on Wednesday. Obviously he does the little things right, but it's hard for him to shine on this stage offensively. I'm not speaking about the future of these players, I'm speaking about this tournament. Setkov will be good offensively and a nice late round pickup in pools while Rondy may struggle to produce weighed down by his teammates at times. Rondy is going to have a good chance at playing better with better teammates once he goes to NA, and i'm not discounting his talent level.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This Danish team is really bad. Setkov is a great player, Rondbjerg is a great player. Green and Andersen had moments, and I'm sure having Urup Mogenson and Schultz will help a little, but I was fully underwhelmed by them. The 97 and 98 classes were the good ones, what's left is really just 2 players.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
This Danish team is really bad. Setkov is a great player, Rondbjerg is a great player. Green and Andersen had moments, and I'm sure having Urup Mogenson and Schultz will help a little, but I was fully underwhelmed by them. The 97 and 98 classes were the good ones, what's left is really just 2 players.

Still the goaltending can help a lot. Sogaard looks pretty solid.

Hammer15

Dec 30, 2014
Herlev, Denmark
Every other team will run over Denmark in the group stage... And then Denmark destroys Kazakstan in the relegation games. This team is, by far, the weakest we've sent in many years. Hopefully Søgaard can minimize the humiliation.

Yea, some Christmas positivity from Copenhagen, haha.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
If someone is able to @ me the final cuts/Roster, it would be appreciated.

I currently have.

full

Denmark
Preliminary

Goaltenders:
#31 Albert Adamsen (G)
#1 William Rørth (G)
#30 Mads Søgaard (G)

Defensemen:
#8 Daniel Andersen (D)
#6 Victor Andersen (D)
#5 Lasse L. Carlsen (D)
#4 Lasse Holm Mortensen (D)
#2 Magnus Koch (D)
#25 Oscar Schulze (D)
#3 Malte Setkov (D)
#7 Jeppe Urup Mogensen (D)

Forwards:
#17 Lucas Andersen (LW/RW)
#20 Lukas Bach Nielsen (RW)
#10 Jonathan Brinkman (LW)
#29 Victor Cubars (RW)
#12 Søren Dietz-Larsen (C/RW)
#19 Christoffer Gath (C/LW)
#21 Gustav Green (C)
#22 Andreas Grundtvig (LW/RW)
#13 Oliver Kjær (RW)
#23 David Madsen (C/RW)
#24 Emil Marcussen (C/RW)
#15 Oliver Reuter (C)
#16 Jonas Røndbjerg (LW/RW)
#27 Phillip Schultz (C)
#18 Jakob Wittendorf (C/RW)

Scratched:

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Final Roster
1 GK William Wessel Funke Rørth
30 GK Mads Schou Søgaardå
31 GK Albert Adamsen
2 D Magnus Uldahl Koch
3 D Malte Søstrup Setkov
4 D Lasse Holm Mortensen
6 D Victor Mohrsen Andersen
7 D Jeppe Urup Mogensen
8 D Daniel Mads Baastrup Andersen
25 D Oscar Winther Schulze
10 F Jonathan Brinkman Andersen
13 F Oliver Kjær
16 F Jonas Røndbjerg
17 F Lucas Lasse Andersen
18 F Jakob Søes Wittendorf
19 F Christoffer Thrane Gath
20 F Lukas Soegaard Bach Nielsen
21 F Gustav Wederkinck Green
22 F Andreas Grundtvig
23 F David Søgaard Madsen
24 F Emil Brunthaler Marcussen
27 F Phillip Louis Schultz
29 F Victor Cubars

Cuts:
Søren Dietz Larsen
Oliver Reuther
Lasse Carlsen

Reactions: hangman005

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Final Roster
1 GK William Wessel Funke Rørth
30 GK Mads Schou Søgaardå
31 GK Albert Adamsen
2 D Magnus Uldahl Koch
3 D Malte Søstrup Setkov
4 D Lasse Holm Mortensen
6 D Victor Mohrsen Andersen
7 D Jeppe Urup Mogensen
8 D Daniel Mads Baastrup Andersen
25 D Oscar Winther Schulze
10 F Jonathan Brinkman Andersen
13 F Oliver Kjær
16 F Jonas Røndbjerg
17 F Lucas Lasse Andersen
18 F Jakob Søes Wittendorf
19 F Christoffer Thrane Gath
20 F Lukas Soegaard Bach Nielsen
21 F Gustav Wederkinck Green
22 F Andreas Grundtvig
23 F David Søgaard Madsen
24 F Emil Brunthaler Marcussen
27 F Phillip Louis Schultz
29 F Victor Cubars

Cuts:
Søren Dietz Larsen
Oliver Reuther
Lasse Carlsen

Muchas Gracious :thumbu:

Naskin

Feb 10, 2018
Every other team will run over Denmark in the group stage... And then Denmark destroys Kazakstan in the relegation games. This team is, by far, the weakest we've sent in many years. Hopefully Søgaard can minimize the humiliation.

Yea, some Christmas positivity from Copenhagen, haha.
This is my hope. A strong performance against the Swiss, and then a QF exit against Sweden.

I've bought tickets to that game. They were very cheap. Hopefully he can dig deep and stand on his head and steal it.

Valdemar

Danish junior hockey
Oct 6, 2007
which one dannmark tv is brodcasting matches world juniors?

Normally danish television don't broadcast world juniors. On special occations (like if Denmark is playing the final) you may be able to watch it on TV2 or afiliated channels.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Next year:

Brinkman-Schultz-Bach Nielsen
Kjaer-Green-Cubars
Kaels-Dreier-Popovic
Jensen-Hansen-True
Almquist

Koch-Mortensen
Schulze-Olesen
Holzmann-Fraenell
Hansen

Sogaard
Elmose
Sogaard

Vandalay Industries

Feb 13, 2008
Next year:

Brinkman-Schultz-Bach Nielsen
Kjaer-Green-Cubars
Kaels-Dreier-Popovic
Jensen-Hansen-True
Almquist

Koch-Mortensen
Schulze-Olesen
Holzmann-Fraenell
Hansen

Sogaard
Elmose
Sogaard

First of all - What is your point?

Second of all. No way Almquist is 13th. Either he should be all the way in or he should be all the way out. I'm pretty sure he will be on 1st or 2nd line. They will need his creativity badly, because next years squad will be even worse than this years.

Almquist (and apparently Mads Sogaard) is the only light in the dark in Denmark when you look at 00, 01, 02, 03. Only few of the others would be even close to making like the Swiss or the Slovak team.

You almost wish for Denmark to be relegated, because it will be just as embarrassing as the 0-14 against Canada. I said the same thing last year and I stand by my claim that Belarus would do a lot better this year than Denmark. Just like they did last year. I'm not sure it's even good for Denmark to be in the top flight when all they do is just try to trap the games up. Perhaps it's better to get some good even games against the b-level teams.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Denmark is in big trouble this year. Easily the weakest team they've had in the past 5 years. Kazakhstan looked fast and kept up to Finland for a lot of the game last night. I would not be surprised at all if Kazakhstan stays up this year.

Sofaw

Jan 3, 2016
Denmark is in big trouble this year. Easily the weakest team they've had in the past 5 years. Kazakhstan looked fast and kept up to Finland for a lot of the game last night. I would not be surprised at all if Kazakhstan stays up this year.
Well let's see. In Denmark some hockey fans are already talking about this "crappy" team shouldn't be at the WC at all. But Denmark has actually had their share of the games against Russia and the Swiss. I remember last night the TSN commentators saying that Denmark was the best team the first 7-8 minutes of period 1 and 2. That's something. And if you look at the shots on goal. Denmark is not that bad compared to Kazakstan - actually better, but I know that's not all. Anyway, the relegation games will be totally different. Kazakhstan will meet a highly motivated and well organized team. But maybe it'll be the Slovaks though I do not hope so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad