Denis Gurianov is the best forward for the Stars now

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This guy just keeps delivering while playing 10-12 minutes per game, it’s pretty crazy but he now leads the Stars in goals (20) with this bottom 6 ice time.

Looks like the Stars found a new gem for their aging offense

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Speed kills and he has an elite shot. He was sent down to the AHL earlier this season and now leads the team in goals :sarcasm: Crazy turn of events

Scores in all sorts of ways too but is usually good for at least breakaway a game

Reactions: grentthealien

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
He was the best Stars forward against the Bruins 2 nights ago. I was surprised at how relatively invisible Seguin was compared to the first few years after the trade when he was always so dominating.

Reactions: ruhzy

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just another example tonight of how the coaching staff does not use him enough:

Leads the team in goals (a lot of which come on breakaways), scores a breakaway goal tonight, and then doesn't get to shoot in the shootout. Instead, Radulov (2 goals in his last 17 games) is the shooter when the game is on the line. This sums up Gurianov's usage pretty well tbh. Radulov was benched for the entire OT by the way and had a terrible game but Bowness still picks him as the 3rd shooter

OldManYells

Feb 27, 2020
This kid is big and man can he fly out there. I haven't seen Dallas much but he's always noticeable out there.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
How come he barely plays? Ice time wise.

Part of it is coaches but part of him is also in him. He never takes long shifts. Like ever. Allways the first guy off the ice on his line by a mile.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
How does nobody else on Dallas have 20 goals?

Same reason only one player has 40+ points, and why everyones assist totals are so low (only 1 forward with more than 20 assists). Stars style of play prevents goal scoring on both ends, so guys like Gurianov stand out cause they can create for themselves (20 goals, 9 assists)

However, the teams goal scoring and point totals have all taken big jumps this month so it's getting better.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Speed kills and he has an elite shot. He was sent down to the AHL earlier this season and now leads the team in goals :sarcasm: Crazy turn of events

Scores in all sorts of ways too but is usually good for at least breakaway a game

This type of game is exactly what made me fall in love with him at the U18's in his draft year. His breakaway speed and his finishing ability. He did it lots there. I actually had him ranked right where the Stars picked him. Took him a while to get to the show, was really worried he might bust, but he's been having a solid season. Will probably not justify his draft position but he can still have a very solid NHL career ahead of him.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
No? But he has had a great year.

Crazy to think how many Stars fans had given up on him just last year. Guess you just never know who’s a late bloomer and who isnt

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I believe you when you are trying to say he's been excellent this year - probably mostly because it's been a pleasant surprise; But when you say he's been their best forward you lose the room.
Granted his ice time, this is up for discussion, besides I said “now”, meaning this part of the season

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Seguin is still the Stars best forward though . He was in a massive goal scoring slump for like 2 months but since he's broke that he is finally scoring goals on a consistent basis again . He also is easily the most versatile player . Can play pretty much anything and he's also one of the best faceoff man in the league.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Granted his ice time, this is up for discussion, besides I said “now”, meaning this part of the season
There's a difference between best forward and the best current performance for a given sample of games.

If Kapanen went on a 23 point tear in ten games that would certainly be impressive but I don't think anyone in their right minds would say that means he's a better hockey player than Matthews, Tavares, or Marner.

The way your title is constructed makes it seems that regardless of sample size, Gurianov is now (or has become) Dallas' best forward. And forgive me for thinking that twenty goals and 9 assists in 60 games doesn't make the guy better than the likes of Seguin, Benn, and Radulov. You can make the ice time argument all you want, that's still not enough compared to a guy like Seguin who hasn't scored less than 72 points once since 2013.

Reactions: thedustman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad