Proposal: Demko to NJ

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
See covid/injruries.
See still sucks this year.

Come on now, if that's the excuse then just f***in give up. We don't have time to wait for him to keep up, which he clearly can't. His AHL career was a f***in JOKE also. How long do the excuses last for a goalie that clearly wasn't even lighting the world on fire before the last 60 games?

If injuries and covid are still a problem then he's possibly PERMANENTLY injured and suffering long covid symptoms that may NEVER go away. NEVER go away.

So just like with the last guy, let's stop with the faith and hope in this guy ''Bouncing back''.

HOW MANY f***IN YEARS DO WE GIVE HIM BEFORE WE STOP TALKING ABOUT COVID AND INJURIES?

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
See still sucks this year.

Come on now, if that's the excuse then just f***in give up. We don't have time to wait for him to keep up, which he clearly can't. His AHL career was a f***in JOKE also. How long do the excuses last for a goalie that clearly wasn't even lighting the world on fire before the last 60 games?

If if injuries and covid are still a problem then he's possibly PERMANENTLY injured and suffering long covid symptoms that may NEVER go away. NEVER go away.

So just like with the last guy, let's stop with the faith and hope in this guy ''Bouncing back''.

HOW MANY f***IN YEARS DO WE GIVE HIM BEFORE WE STOP TALKING ABOUT COVID AND INJURIES?
Same save% as Demko this season.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Same save% as Demko this season.
Good for him

How about the last two years? Now if it were Korpisalo that we were suggesting to trade for him, you would have a point. I would agree with you there.

''Covid! Injuries! Burnt his tongue on a hot slice of pizza! Now he's sad because the fans are talking shit!''

ENOUGH IS F f***ING NOUGH WITH THIS f***ING GUY!

JESUS CHRIS. Yes, I meant to say Jesus Chris, not Christ.

How many years will you people grasp? You did the same thing with Schneider.

Who was right then? Surely not you.

I hardly ever throw it in people's faces that much, but f*** me if I won't right now.

And I very rarely ask for vindication, but I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt after some people wanted to run me off the forum over the last guy. My credit score should be very high on this matter.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Good for him

How about the last two years? Now if it were Korpisalo that we were suggesting to trade for him, you would have a point. I would agree with you there.

''Covid! Injuries! Burnt his tongue on a hot slice of pizza! Now he's sad because the fans are talking shit!''

ENOUGH IS F f***ING NOUGH WITH THIS f***ING GUY!

JESUS CHRIS. Yes, I meant to say Jesus Chris, not Christ.

How many years will you people grasp? You did the same thing with Schneider.

Who was right then? Surely not you.

I hardly ever throw it in people's faces that much, but f*** me if I won't right now.

And I very rarely ask for vindication, but I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt after some people wanted to run me off the forum over the last guy. My credit score should be very high on this matter.
Blackwood has the same save % as Demko this year, and a better save % then Vanecek.

And I was right about Schneider, we are still paying him. If we went your route, we'd be paying him for even longer. I know ranting about goalies is your schtick, but along the way you post a ton of stupidity that would hurt the team if implemented.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It still boggles the mind that we have Blackwood defenders out there.

Not only is this guy an asshole, but he hasnt done anything on the ice to warrant it in 2-3 years.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Blackwood has the same save % as Demko this year, and a better save % then Vanecek.

And I was right about Schneider, we are still paying him. If we went your route, we'd be paying him for even longer. I know ranting about goalies is your schtick, but along the way you post a ton of stupidity that would hurt the team if implemented.
I'm not talking about the buyouts. I think you (not just you) were on the ''He will bounce back'' train. And tried to me out to be the fool for saying a 32-33 year old will not ever be the same again. Even after YEARS.

He never bounced back.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Not only is this guy an asshole, but he hasnt done anything on the ice to warrant it in 2-3 years.
He's an asshole? Why? Because he didn't want to take the vaccine?

Geez louis.

Reactions: HBK27

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Some of them kind of have a shtick, but I'm not sure @devilsblood does

Which is really weird.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

When will people stop being suckered by this player?

His AHL career was no good even before injuries and covid. That's right off the bat a red flag.

His NHL career is just trending downward and downward and downward and downward and downward and downward and it's always injuries and covid.

If these are still a thing and the reason for his continuing poor play, he may never be the same again. How many years do we keep giving this guy? He's not even signed after this year.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I'm not talking about the buyouts. I think you (not just you) were on the ''He will bounce back'' train. And tried to me out to be the fool for saying a 32-33 year old will not ever be the same again. Even after YEARS.

He never bounced back.
No, I was on the "it makes sense to see if he bounces back" train.

Same goes for Blackwood this season. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but he's under contract, good goalies are difficult to find, it makes sense to see if he does.

Same goes for Bernier.

Some of them kind of have a shtick, but I'm not sure @devilsblood does

Which is really weird.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

When will people stop being suckered by this player?

His AHL career was no good even before injuries and covid. That's right off the bat a red flag.

His NHL career is just trending downward and downward and downward and downward and downward and downward and it's always injuries and covid.

If these are still a thing and the reason for his continuing poor play, he may never be the same again. How many years do we keep giving this guy? He's not even signed after this year.
It's not always Covid. But it certainly was part of the problem in 20-21. So was getting his face smashed in.

Funny too that this board which was coo-coo for covid now wants to brush it under the rug, specifically for Blackwood at least.

The fact that he didn't want the Vaccine though? Boo & Hiss!

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Well this take makes sense from the guy that wants to censor other posters..

what....? I don't want to censor anyone. Anyone can post whatever they want, whenever they want. However, they should also then be aware for people to refute it and call it out if its absurd. Just how I would hope someone would do to me. Thats how message boards work.

Reactions: forceten

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No, I was on the "it makes sense to see if he bounces back" train.

Same goes for Blackwood this season. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't, but he's under contract, good goalies are difficult to find, it makes sense to see if he does.

Same goes for Bernier.

It's not always Covid. But it certainly was part of the problem in 20-21. So was getting his face smashed in.

Funny too that this board which was coo-coo for covid now wants to brush it under the rug, specifically for Blackwood at least.

The fact that he didn't want the Vaccine though? Boo & Hiss!
I have been vaccinated exactly zero times for covid-19, so I'm in no position to judge someone who hasn't had it done. It wasn't a political statement or anti-vax with me (although I doubt I would have ever gotten boosters if I had the first two shots). I'm not a regular in a doctors office (I probably need to be as I get older) and I was going through so much bullshit between January of 2021 and October of 2021 that I did not have any motivation to go to a pharmacy of doctor office to get the shots done. I didn't care about anything other than going to work, taking care of my dog and ''Vaccinating'' myself with FOOD like a junkie shoots up dope. It was a pretty dark time. By the time I pulled myself out of it, I didn't really care to get the shots. I'm open to PM'ing about it, if anyone ever wants to talk about it. I think I've discussed it before on this board, I was really depressed, I was medicating with food. It was terrible. I even had people ask me if I was okay on here, as I was not as frequent of a poster, especially in the offseason of 2021. I lurked every day, I posted at least once most days, but not often, at least not after the season ended.

Do I think he may have caused a rift in the locker room because of the vaccine? Possibly. I can't say for sure.

Yes, I agree on Bernier, by the way. I think he deserves a chance. I'm tired of seeing the same guy get a chance over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and expecting different results.

Bernier hasn't gotten a chance yet, other than in a practice scrimmage. I don't have high hopes for him or anything, but I'd take a 5-6 game good run of play from him, if he could give us that.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
what....? I don't want to censor anyone. Anyone can post whatever they want, whenever they want. However, they should also then be aware for people to refute it and call it out if its absurd. Just how I would hope someone would do to me. Thats how message boards work.
Well you jumped into a mini debate about starting a thread specifically for Jim.

Maybe you weren't on the other side of that debate, but it seemed you were.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I have been vaccinated exactly zero times for covid-19, so I'm in no position to judge someone who hasn't had it done. It wasn't a political statement or anti-vax with me (although I doubt I would have ever gotten boosters if I had the first two shots). I'm not a regular in a doctors office (I probably need to be as I get older) and I was going through so much bullshit between January of 2021 and October of 2021 that I did not have any motivation to go to a pharmacy of doctor office to get the shots done. I didn't care about anything other than going to work, taking care of my dog and ''Vaccinating'' myself with FOOD like a junkie shoots up dope. It was a pretty dark time. By the time I pulled myself out of it, I didn't really care to get the shots. I'm open to PM'ing about it, if anyone ever wants to talk about it. I think I've discussed it before on this board, I was really depressed, I was medicating with food. It was terrible. I even had people ask me if I was okay on here, as I was not as frequent of a poster, especially in the offseason of 2021. I lurked every day, I posted at least once most days, but not often, at least not after the season ended.

Do I think he may have caused a rift in the locker room because of the vaccine? Possibly. I can't say for sure.

Yes, I agree on Bernier, by the way. I think he deserves a chance. I'm tired of seeing the same guy get a chance over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and expecting different results.

Bernier hasn't gotten a chance yet, other than in a practice scrimmage. I don't have high hopes for him or anything, but I'd take a 5-6 game good run of play from him, if he could give us that.
If Bernier can actually return and play decently that would at least give NJ the opportunity to decide on what they want to do with Blackwood. I'm skeptical at his age with that injury it can happen but at least it looks like they will give him a chance.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

Bernier is still not fully recovered. Eventually he will get a chance, in the AHL at first, and if he does well enough, then the NHL.

Should be noted too, that I am not saying Blackwood is better then Demko.

Just that Blackwood, Shak and a 1st rounder seems like a lot, especially for a guy who is off to an identical start as Blackwood this year.

(did we also add a 2nd and Johnsson too for salary purposes?)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If Bernier can actually return and play decently that would at least give NJ the opportunity to decide on what they want to do with Blackwood. I'm skeptical at his age with that injury it can happen but at least it looks like they will give him a chance.
Yeah, he could wind up being what Rask was when he came back and tried to play last year at the same age and after hip surgery.

And his recovery time is seemingly taking a little longer than Rask's did, as I believe Rask was playing a game about 7-8 months after surgery. It's been close to 10 months since Bernier's surgery.

Rask was so bad, especially in his last game he played that he just up and retired a few days later.

Ben Bishop was so bad in an AHL conditioning game that he announced his retirement (although I think he's on LTIR still, so I don't think he was really able to ''Retire'') a few days later and he was like 35-36. I don't think he had hip injuries, but he had many others all throughout his career and hadn't played an NHL game in close to 2 years by that point. I think they put him in there during the bubble playoffs when Dallas made the SCF and he got blown up in that one and I think he went right back to LTIR again.

Somehow, Pavel Francouz in Colorado played fine when he returned from double hip and double knee surgery. He's a little younger than Bernier, but not by much. He didn't play for over an entire calendar year.

However, since the playoffs started and he had to play some games when Kuemper had his eye poked out, he's started a trend of play that would lead you to believe the grim reaper might finally be coming for him. And Colorado signed him to a 2 year extension for this year and next, if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: My3Sons

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
FWIW, Demko had the 8th and 12th highest high-danger SV% in 21-22 and 20-21, per NST.

His stop-rate on high-danger chances is very good, and he's been facing a lot of them! A guy like that would be a plus for the Devils.

The price, hey, it's high. But IMO Demko is a quality goaltender, tough start to this season aside.

No one should be getting their hopes up that Bernier will rescue the club. At his age, after that injury, he'll be pretty much cooked.

Reactions: My3Sons

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I don't think anyone is arguing Blackwood is better, Bleed. I read it more as skeptical that Demko is so much better that it's worth dealing a lot of top-dollar assets.

I wouldn't trade Blackwood + 1st + Muk for Demko, I don't think. Blackwood is a downgrade for Vancouver, but two 1sts to do it... especially when we do have some holes to plug in an extraordinarily deep draft coming right up gives me pause.

Adding Johansson does nothing for us, so I wouldn't do that nor add the 2nd to cover the salary eat. His contract is over after this year, as is Tatar's.

I just don't like trading 1sts especially in exceptionally deep drafts.

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
No one should be getting their hopes up that Bernier will rescue the club.
Someone actually thinks Bernier is going to "rescue" the Devils? All they need is average goalie play. In general HFB posters way overvalue what a player would cost in a trade. Demko would not return close to a 1st and Muk if he was traded/

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
FWIW, Demko had the 8th and 12th highest high-danger SV% in 21-22 and 20-21, per NST.

His stop-rate on high-danger chances is very good, and he's been facing a lot of them! A guy like that would be a plus for the Devils.

The price, hey, it's high. But IMO Demko is a quality goaltender, tough start to this season aside.

No one should be getting their hopes up that Bernier will rescue the club. At his age, after that injury, he'll be pretty much cooked.
No one is expecting Bernier to rescue to club. But could he get healthy and be a solid NHL goalie again? Possible.

And maybe that means he replaces a struggling Blackwood, or maybe it makes him, or Blackwood, a trading chip.

But I doubt anyone is expecting big things from Bernier.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Someone actually thinks Bernier is going to "rescue" the Devils? All they need is average goalie play. In general HFB posters way overvalue what a player would cost in a trade. Demko would not return close to a 1st and Muk if he was traded/

No one is expecting Bernier to rescue to club. But could he get healthy and be a solid NHL goalie again? Possible.

And maybe that means he replaces a struggling Blackwood, or maybe it makes him, or Blackwood, a trading chip.

But I doubt anyone is expecting big things from Bernier.
I don't think anyone should be expecting Bernier to even be an NHL calibre goalie anymore following this.

Like I said on Demko, the price is debatable. But he is a quality goalie, and is used to the chaos he would experience in the Devils' zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad