Post-Game Talk: Demko def. Kings - 3-2 (SO) (Boeser, Pettersson - Miller SO Winner)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Okay, but does this actually count as a win in the standings? Because like...lol.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
on an unrelated note i'd definitely be in favour of having an extremely small time limit for shootout attempts so we can't have stuff like the miller/kuznetsov attempts

i'd rather get rid of it altogether but that seems like a decent compromise

Grip it N RYP it

Apr 20, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Beat the best team in the NHL after the all star break with 7 shots 50 mins into the game.

VIj.gif

1Uqv.gif

Fren

Feb 18, 2023
Yup. The 40 points stuff is nonsense.

This player pops on the ice on most shifts and will push 70 points if he stays healthy and stays with Pettersson and stays on the top PP unit.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
The Oilers will trounce LA

Just get a few PPs every game and it will be over in 5

Fren

Feb 18, 2023
I don’t know that anyone can stop McDavid, but I feel like the rest of the Kings team would dummy the Oilers.
Nobody stops McDavid. It's a guarantee that he's at least 1.8-2.0 PPG against you in a given series.

The key is limiting Draisaitl to the best of your ability and having better depth and a suffocating defensive system to put McDavid on an island.

He's going to get his goals, and he's going to get behind your defense, without a shadow of a doubt, but if you beat them in all other areas, which teams have been able to do fairly regularly, you have a great chance against the Coilers.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Even the coach described his team's effort as 'rope-a-dope'......Canucks with six shots on goal through two periods; and outshot 40-17 overall.

Kinda' reminded of some of the 'Boudreau-bounce' games late last season. No business even being in it, but relying on Demko to commit outright thievery.

Canucks will finish around the .500 mark and fall out of the top-10 in the draft. But you can't be too hard on them, since they're playing with basically an AHL defense. Wins at this time of the year are meh.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Seemed to me that LA found a way to lose rather than the Canucks winning it. Once it got to OT, LA was cooked. One thing this team does have is good open ice players. In the end , however, win was all about Demko.

Good

Pettersson - such a game breaker. If we had ever draft Tkachuk to go along with him, we'd have gold. Benning was such a friggin fool and , of course , fell in love with the putz who lay down exhausted when asked to skate up and down the ice a few times

Hughes - thought the idea was to play him less??? Even when not at his best he still is just dominating in getting the puck into scoring positions.

Juulsen - another solid game and game time continues to go up. Looking like his confidence is increasing and much more willing to go to the body. Plays like this and you can conceive of him being NHL standard on, at least, a limited basis. Needs to be re-signed - not sure of what qualifying offer is.

Demko - obviously the first star. LA was trying to trade for him. If they had gotten him, they might be the favorite in the West.

Boeser - goal was fluke but he is skating and trying harder than at any other point in the season. Puck movement in this game was good. Actually broke up some plays in his end.

Kuzmenko - like how in overtime he wasn't going to give up the puck until he could get open for a shot or set someone up. Not all that good in the run of things during the first 60 but showed his skill when it counted.

Not so Good

Studnicka - if you're going to be a bottom line plug you can't give up the puck in your zone so often. There is so little direction in his play.

Podkolzin - just can't seem to make himself a factor. Team was at a constant disadvantage with him and Dries on the ice.

Aman - his line was hanging in but mostly reduced to just trying to get the puck out. Aman has to learn better how to play in these tight, physical games. Also Garland was lot less effective in this game.

Have to say this team finds ways to make it so difficult on their fans. Just when you start looking at the upper end draft talent we could get, they go on a tear. Then you hope they have build some chemistry in their late season run to nowhere and they come out the next year and butcher their season by mid-November.. It's just rinse and recycle Groundhog day over and over again.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Podkolzin saw 9:10 of ice time. Hughes over 27 minutes.

f*** this pathetic ass franchise. This should be the stretch we see some others take on ice time...Instead we are going to run Demko and the 3 stars into the ground for what?

Pod should be in the AHL anyway. He can barely produce at that level.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Annoyed at the win, but felt good to see Demko absolutely dominate the Kings after having to listen to their fans claim he's washed up and wouldn't be an upgrade for the last 4 months.

Imagine that Kings team with him in net. 😦
I enjoyed that too after a few months of Kings fans hemming and hawing on whether Petersen and 2nd for Demko was worth it

Hughes just dominates every game now with his possessions. I think he might be more valuable out there than Pettersson. I have a hard time believing that Makar is in a tier above Hughes.
Hughes is a monster. It amazes me how much he does and all while stapled to bottom pairing guys. I'd love to see him get his version of Toews or prime Cernak and see what happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad