Recalled/Assigned: DeMelo, Goodrow, & Hertl reassigned to Worcester 1/22 (ASG Break)

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I won't be shocked if Goodrow stays here and Tierney is recalled instead.

I don't really see a ton of potential for this to be a great season for SJ, so hell, I wouldn't mind seeing all our youngsters on the team together for at least a portion of the season. Potentially adding Goldobin to the fold next season could make things interesting. We've got a good young group of forwards, surprisingly.

Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Goldobin - Thornton - Pavelski
Tierney - Hertl - Wingels
Goodrow - Sheppard - Karlsson

That could be a fun team to watch next year, especially if Marleau and or Thornton are moved for another youngster. And with Tarasov and Chartier who both have NHL potential that looks like a great group top to bottom. Just need an offensive gamebreaker, and we'd be set. Kind of rambling now... :laugh:

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I won't be shocked if Goodrow stays here and Tierney is recalled instead.

I said thee same thing when they were sent to Worcester, Goodrow has been struggling for the past month or so in SJ.

However, if they do bring Tierney they better let him play regularly, otherwise leave him in Worcester and bring someone else up to play 8 or so min one night and sit in the press box the next.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
If tierney comes up I hope he plays center but **** we have a lot of centers to develop.

Can we run
Pavs-jumbo-melker
marleau-shep-nieto
Couture-hertl-wingels
Goodrow-tierney-kennedy

Yes I moved couture out. More just a curiosity. But I'd like to see this line up one game lol.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'd like to see an all Euro line next season w/ Goldobin-Hertl-Karlsson. They can be the 3rd line.

I think Karlsson is too good of a fit with Thornton and Pavs to move him off that line unless you got to. Everybody else just doesn't seem to work quite right with the Joes.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yea, that isn't going to work.

Because Goldobin in on the "3rd" line?

Much like fighting, the idea of "top 6 / bottom 6" is slowly disappearing from the NHL and I couldn't be happier about it.

The Sharks seem to have finally figured out that having 3 scoring lines is necessary to win in today's NHL and I don't see any reason why Goldobin couldn't thrive in a top 9 role.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
With storm closing in, hope the Sharks got the guys they want back out.

Sounds like things will be shut down tonight, Tuesday and most of Wednesday.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Not sure where baby Sharks fly out of, but Boston Logan Int closing at 7 tonight. 6,000 flights cancelled on the east coast already.

I'd imagine the guys that they're bringing back to SJ left either Sat night or yesterday morning.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Looks like Goodrow will be back with SJ.

They still may call up another forward since with Hertl & Goodrow back they only have 13 healthy F's.

Mueller (no confirmation on him yet) coming back will give them 7 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad