GDT: Dem Bums @ Flyers 10/8/13 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
As Juhani Tami Tamminen would say if theres difference between the goalkeepers. the better goalkeepers team wins always

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Things can change but Fialkov had an article posted today saying that Tallon is working on an extension with Dineen and that he isn't on the hot seat. Bleh. I am very middle of the road on Dineen. I am not a fan, nor am I a hater. I wouldn't be upset if he was canned in favor of a better experienced culture of winning type coach.

I completely question all this cross-ice bullcrap going on with this team. It doesn't work and we don't have the skill to do it - SO STOP!!! PLEASE!

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
The compete level was on par with the Dallas game.

Tim's unique style makes him vulnerable to our defense that doesn't clear the slot. Both goals are Timmy's fault even though the 2nd one he was clearly injured. Glad Markstrom gets some time to shine.

Barkov, Huberdeau and Versteeg so close on chances.

If we play like we did in the first 20, I believe a comeback is very possible.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Mason 2 - Panthers 0, sucks to see the bounces going the other way. Typical that we are losing vs a struggling team..

Panthers607

Rookie coach experiment hasn't worked out very well. Veteran please, and quick!

Panthers607

@PaigeLewisFL: Tim Thomas will NOT return to the game tonight. Lower body injury.

Panthers607

@GeorgeRichards: Danny 'Machete' Trejo in the house, rocking a #Flyers jersey, had nothing to do with Tim Thomas injury (I think) #FlaPanthers

:laugh:

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
This team needs scoring. It's not really a coincidence that every goaltender we play no matter how bad they might be looks great against us. We lack finish and it's painful right now.

We need to get back to calming the play down and dictating the game with our speed. We have a fast team so we should utilize it.

With regards to Dineen, if this kind of stuff continues then I can't imagine him being home free for much longer.

I could also see Tallon making a Booth-type trade within 10 games if this play continues. Shake this roster up a bit.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Been a fan of Dineen but the team isn't responding. Were playing the same damn style game year in year out. No matter who coaches or plays for this team. I don't get it. Blame the skill level all you want there are other not so skilled teams playing different style than us

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
This team needs scoring. It's not really a coincidence that every goaltender we play no matter how bad they might be looks great against us. We lack finish and it's painful right now.

We need to get back to calming the play down and dictating the game with our speed. We have a fast team so we should utilize it.

With regards to Dineen, if this kind of stuff continues then I can't imagine him being home free for much longer.

I could also see Tallon making a Booth-type trade within 10 games if this play continues. Shake this roster up a bit.

What bothers me about the bolded is the fact that it may have to be done to see the team snap out of it like Tallon did two years ago. So are we going to do an obligatory early-season trade each year to light a fire under the team's ass? In general that sounds absolutely ridiculous, and a failing to understand the actual problem and addressing it imo. Not pointing you out in particular on this just speaking generally btw.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009

I know you didn't directly call Mason bad, but you guys seem to be under the impression that losing to Mason is embarrassing which it really isn't if you go by his Philly stats.

He's been playing excellently and posting stats that mirror that since coming to Philly.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

True. Our PP brings in alot of scoring but clearly it's not clicking at the moment. I'm tired of the dump and chase offensive zone break in unless it's the 4th line. We have tons of speed so you're right, let's use it.

I hate to say it but if you're right I could see our two bigger trade pieces (Matthias or Goc) being shopped but I don't like the thought of losing either of them right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad