Confirmed with Link: Del Zotto to Anaheim for Luke Schenn and a 2020 7th round pick; Schenn goes to Utica

Peter10

Dec 7, 2003
Germany
The most valuable piece in this whole trade is the salary retention spot; but we don’t have any valuable tradable pieces that we could retain salary on so idk, total nothing trade not a loss but not a win for sure.

Even if we dont really have players left to retain salary on, you could still act as 3rd team in a deal whose sole purpose is to retain salary. Similar how Vegas was involved in the Brassard deal between OTT and PIT last year.

Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Sens in 3-team trade | CBC Sports

But I guess that would be a to complicated for Old Jimbo anyway.

Reactions: MarkMM

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
It’s even worse than the time I called Tanner Kero a $600k player and he triumphantly called me out that he was actually a $700k player (and of course ignored the entire actual argument) and I nearly had to leave here in shame.

*sob*

YOUTUBE CHANNEL:

"F A N DESTROYS UNHINGED POSTER WITH PURE LOGIC"

Reactions: F A N

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
It’s even worse than the time I called Tanner Kero a $600k player and he triumphantly called me out that he was actually a $700k player (and of course ignored the entire actual argument) and I nearly had to leave here in shame.

*sob*
Lmao, story checks out. That is the most fan thing ever.

There is no forest, only trees.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
This "what could have been" and "you don't know this" nonsense in calling it a loss...I'm finding it hard to believe you aren't grasping at straws. Del Zotto was losing us games while we were in the middle of a playoff hunt, and that was with sheltered minutes. You could just as easily say he was devaluing himself, and that keeping him out of the lineup was the only reason we got anything at all -- it's that easy to be speculative and act as if it were an actually tangible argument.

Your 'tangible' argument is effectively "this is a win, everything else is narrative". What have you provided that is tangible? You want to so badly believe that this is a win that you are willing to dismiss any possible objection. That's an argument?

To debate this:

Explain his usage just last year (50 games ago)? He was the Total TOI leader and #2 in TOI/GP among dmen. Were they trying to tank his value last year by playing him??

Del Zotto is a better player than Pouliot and Gudbranson. Only way I can make a case here is stats. I don't rely on Green's opinion to determine good/not good.

What is your tangible argument?

Why didn't they move him before he was banished to the press box?

Let's see who's grasping at straws here.

Last edited:

dwarf

Feb 13, 2007
Victoria, B.C.
Only positive here is the pick we get. And that is really miniscule.

I hope they play Schenn so we can lose more games, and Burke has to defend him on CBC.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

*sob*

Umm... wrong again. Kero's cap hit is $750K AAV and he's making $800K this season.

DESTROYED AGAIN!

Last edited:

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
This trade isnt getting enough love!

I cant say enough about Schenn!

Hes kept it simple, has been super physical and confronts any opponent that so much as looks at Pettersson Boeser Hughes the wrong way.

This guy needs an extension. Hes already 100x better than Gudbranson and Sbisa , both of which played the same role.

I saw schenn drop kick a LA king TNT because the King player accidentally sneezed beside Hughes. True story

Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Last edited by a moderator:

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
A lot of posts aged like limburger cheese in here. Complaining that MDZ netted a 6th for Anaheim while we got a 7th and Luke Schenn. Look at Schenn now, he's outplayed MDZ, Gudbranson and poo by far while standing up for his teammates and playing great positionally. All while making under a mill. Makes me wonder about Anaheim.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
A lot of posts aged like limburger cheese in here. Complaining that MDZ netted a 6th for Anaheim while we got a 7th and Luke Schenn. Look at Schenn now, he's outplayed MDZ, Gudbranson and poo by far while standing up for his teammates and playing great positionally. All while making under a mill. Makes me wonder about Anaheim.
Anaheim is a mess they are getting rid of half decent D like nothing and have just completely craterd organizationally(outlook wise)

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
If Schenn is your 8-9 I’m okay with that... Hughes Juolevi stetcher and Hutton own this team next year anyway....

Pouliot is gone.... they need 1 major ufa righty d to solidify the team when Tanev gets hurt..

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
If Schenn is your 8-9 I’m okay with that... Hughes Juolevi stetcher and Hutton own this team next year anyway....

Pouliot is gone.... they need 1 major ufa righty d to solidify the team when Tanev gets hurt..

I would re sign Edler ...

I'd move Hutton .

Acquire RHD via trade or free agency.

Edler - xxx
Hughes - Tanev
Sautner- Stecher

Biega, Schenn

Juolevi starts in Utica but comes up before Xmas.

Massive if we draft Byram. I think he can be NHL ready at 18 yr.old

DomY

Aug 11, 2008
Absolutely massive if he can develop chemistry with Hughes, and play kind of like Rob Scuderi role on the team. No question this team still needs to add a front line RHD, but I'd be happy locking up Schenn for two years at $2m AAV or under

Edler - XXX
Hutton - Stetcher
Hughes - Schenn
Biega
===
Sautner
Juolevi
Brisebois

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
I think Schenn is the ideal 7.

Can slot in play low event defensive hockey. Sticks up for team mates. Throws hits. He is an Ideal 7 and a decent 6. Should be retained. Ideally on something like 3 years 1.1 million. Low cap hit can be sent down and Not hurt the team but gives him financial security.

iceburg

Don't ask why
Aug 31, 2003
This is what it looks like for a player to come out from under the weight of high expectations. In his early to mid career he was maligned for not meeting the expectations of his draft position. It was clear he was never going to be the player people hoped for. Now that those unrealistic expectations are long gone, it's a lot easier to see his usefulness at the NHL level.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
I would re sign Edler ...

I'd move Hutton .

Acquire RHD via trade or free agency.

Edler - xxx
Hughes - Tanev
Sautner- Stecher

Biega, Schenn

Juolevi starts in Utica but comes up before Xmas.

Massive if we draft Byram. I think he can be NHL ready at 18 yr.old
I like the idea of trading Hutton when he has value, also need to open a spot with Hughes and Juolevi there on the left side...

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I think Schenn is the ideal 7.

Can slot in play low event defensive hockey. Sticks up for team mates. Throws hits. He is an Ideal 7 and a decent 6. Should be retained. Ideally on something like 3 years 1.1 million. Low cap hit can be sent down and Not hurt the team but gives him financial security.

Not a chance he can be sent down. I am sure teams have noticed how well he fits into VCR and pretty sure he would be claimed. I would cheerfully do $1.35 M for 3 years.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Not a chance he can be sent down. I am sure teams have noticed how well he fits into VCR and pretty sure he would be claimed. I would cheerfully do $1.35 M for 3 years.
I’m kind of on the fence with that 3rd year. Wouldn’t hate it but not particularly like it other. Perfect guy to have as the #7 on the roster.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He may stop being hungry if given term. Two years MAX
He’s bounced between AZ and LA the past 3 seasons since his big money deal in Philly expired.

One way deal, would work for him. Keep it close to the number that is exempt if he is sent down and you’re fine. 1 or 2 years to comply with the ED rules.

Reactions: DonnyNucker

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
He’s bounced between AZ and LA the past 3 seasons since his big money deal in Philly expired.

One way deal, would work for him. Keep it close to the number that is exempt if he is sent down and you’re fine. 1 or 2 years to comply with the ED rules.

If Schenn is what we lose in the ED i would be ecstatic .... i expect it to be worse than that.

Reactions: bh53

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad