Post-Game Talk: Dejavu

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Watched every second since inception.

Totally addicted
I watched the late 80's Oilers when they were on TV - either on CBC or CTV Winnipeg when they played the Jets - which seemed to be a whole lot more than now. At least they were decent. But when I went to school, I kind of lost touch with them - way too busy but to follow them but fleetingly. Now would be a good time to go to school again maybe. :cool: Invest way too much time into them again - never missed but a game or two over the last year. Not cool.

Reactions: RegDunlop

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I watched the late 80's Oilers when they were on TV - either on CBC or CTV Winnipeg when they played the Jets - which seemed to be a whole lot more than now. At least they were decent. But when I went to school, I kind of lost touch with them - way too busy but to follow them but fleetingly. Now would be a good time to go to school again maybe. :cool: Invest way too much time into them again - never missed but a game or two over the last year. Not cool.

Basically ruined my life!

Reactions: BlackDogg

English Bob

Jul 27, 2007
Edmonton
For the OT, what are your thoughts on this as a plan? Riley S. and Yams with Bear on D. If they win the face-off, send it back to Bear and McD or Drai come on for Riley S. You now have the best passing Oiler D with an elite forward and a rookie who has his legs going (at least in that game). If they lose the draw, you have two fresh forwards who defend well.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
How was that even a penalty, let alone a penalty shot..
Klef taps him, a couple times with his stick, not even close to hooking..
McDavid never would have got that call..

ovZbBLH.gif

Great save by Smith at the end...

ugh, so infuriating to watch. not just the OT but in regulation... connor and drai just float around and often react so late to danger. it's because they don't really give a f*** about defence. just f***ing get owned when they dont move their feet and proactively act and take initiative on potential danger. it's just laziness. only react at the last moment when they HAVE to instead of getting ahead of it, move their feet and force the opponents into mistakes. they just let the opponents own them. this occurs in regulation 5 v 5 too.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
ugh, so infuriating to watch. not just the OT but in regulation... connor and drai just float around and often react so late to danger. it's because they don't really give a f*** about defence. just f***ing get owned when they dont move their feet and proactively act and take initiative on potential danger. it's just laziness. only react at the last moment when they HAVE to instead of getting ahead of it, move their feet and force the opponents into mistakes. they just let the opponents own them. this occurs in regulation 5 v 5 too.

You seriously need to STFU.

You went on & on posting walls of text for multiple pages less than a month ago about how the culture has changed on the team & now you're calling players straight-up lazy which would be exact opposite of there being any culture change.

You argued with & insulted anybody who did not agree with your assessment & now you've done an about face & you're insulting players & their effort. Kinda pathetic really.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You seriously need to ****.

You went on & on posting walls of text for multiple pages less than a month ago about how the culture has changed on the team & now you're calling players straight-up lazy which would be exact opposite of there being any culture change.

You argued with & insulted anybody who did not agree with your assessment & now you've done an about face & you're insulting players & their effort. Kinda pathetic really.
Maybe try paying attention. I said it seemed like the culture had been heading the right way... at the moment... i even said i'm tentative to see if it'll last the whole season. The leaders lead the charge in this a lot of the times and it's no coincidence when the leaders are now sagging in their effort and wanting to play the right way, the team sags. I don't think the biggest problem is that they're not scoring like they were, it's that they're leaking so many goals and giving as a$$ effort far too often and poorly leading by example. The secondary scoring and bottom six have started to play better than at the beginning of the season but when the top guys sag they also eventually start to sag a bit as the game wears on. s*** i stated this to you i feel not too long ago. you just want to poke holes in the culture/leadership idea. it's clear that's a big part of the issue and people are realizing it.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Outstanding!!

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Maybe try paying attention. I said it seemed like the culture had been heading the right way... at the moment... i even said i'm tentative to see if it'll last the whole season. The leaders lead the charge in this a lot of the times and it's no coincidence when the leaders are now sagging in their effort and wanting to play the right way, the team sags. I don't think the biggest problem is that they're not scoring like they were, it's that they're leaking so many goals and giving as a$$ effort far too often and poorly leading by example. The secondary scoring and bottom six have started to play better than at the beginning of the season but when the top guys sag they also eventually start to sag a bit as the game wears on. s*** i stated this to you i feel not too long ago. you just want to poke holes in the culture/leadership idea. it's clear that's a big part of the issue and people are realizing it.

Yeah, whatever.

You said that maybe once during 30+ walls of text in that other thread & that's giving you the benefit of the doubt because I know for sure it wasn't in your first few posts in that thread.

You argued in walls of text for multiple pages with anybody that responded that it was all about the culture change & discounted everything else that didn't fit that narrative even though the coach himself disagreed with most of what you posted.

Yeah, but I need to pay attention. Cool story.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, whatever.

You said that maybe once during 30+ walls of text in that other thread & that's giving you the benefit of the doubt because I know for sure it wasn't in your first few posts in that thread.

You argued in walls of text for multiple pages with anybody that responded that it was all about the culture change & discounted everything else that didn't fit that narrative even though the coach himself disagreed with most of what you posted.

Yeah, but I need to pay attention. Cool story.

If you can't see a big part of the issue with the way we're playing IS culture and leadership i don't know what to say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad