Post-Game Talk: Dejavu

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
We are all in agreement here... Khaira down and Benson up would be an improvement for this team.

While they are at it... a trip down to Bako for Patrick Russell is overdue as well. Up in his place should be one of Marody/Gambardella/Currie to see what they have at the NHL level. It will likely be an offensive contribution greater than the very little that PRussell has been supplying.

I don't like to just **** on the team without offering some actual solutions.

yes, some people on here just like to rant then when team does good, they become #1 fan

Oct 15, 2008
Have to question the decision to start Drai in overtime.

He has looked very slow and shaky of late and you don't need that in 3*3.

With Yams wheels I might have gone with him alongside Mc-D.
It really didn’t matter as the Oilers never once touched the puck.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
It really didn’t matter as the Oilers never once touched the puck.
Really, they should have just backed the f*** off. Could they not tell they were getting played? Should have went and stood at their own blue line regardless of what followed.

Oct 15, 2008
Really, they should have just backed the **** off. Could they not tell they were getting played? Should have went and stood at their own blue line regardless of what followed.

It’s a gimmick. Many times we’ve been the team prevailing in spectacular fashion. The real problem is the team has a lack of nhl quality players. That problem is exacerbated by a gm who sees no urgency in rectifying that deficit. It is quite possible that realization has taken some of the steam out of McDavid and Draisaitl.

Oct 15, 2008
what I can’t figure out is they came out smoking in the 1st period, were out shooting Buffalo heavily and then they go into intermission and watch Benji or Lassie and come out like they don’t care.
The team rode a fresh McDrai for hot start. Now those guys are getting worn down mentally and physically and what we now see is a more accurate picture of the team’s capabilities. We are also reaping what the gm sowed in the off season which was a Steve Tambellini non reactive management style to which the new gm has admitted is his style/plan. Are you ok with that? The empty seats in the arena seem to indicate the fans are running out of patience.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
The team rode a fresh McDrai for hot start. Now those guys are getting worn down mentally and physically and what we now see is a more accurate picture of the team’s capabilities. We are also reaping what the gm sowed in the off season which was a Steve Tambellini non reactive management style to which the new gm has admitted is his style/plan. Are you ok with that? The empty seats in the arena seem to indicate the fans are running out of patience.

I live back east (NS) so I am not in the know about everything going on but I bet its not pleasant. One thing we will have a problem with is attracting players with a NTC . Edmonton and Winnipeg are usually top of the list of no go zones. I was out for 3 games last year. One thing I noticed is its much too expensive for the product they are presenting. The economy is not the best in Alberta yet Katz is still charging top dollar. Its actually cheaper for me to fly my family down to Florida, stay, and go to a game in Sunrise then the price of one game for my wife and daughter. I spent over $2000 dollars for 3 games last year

Oct 15, 2008
I live back east (NS) so I am not in the know about everything going on but I bet its not pleasant. One thing we will have a problem with is attracting players with a NTC . Edmonton and Winnipeg are usually top of the list of no go zones. I was out for 3 games last year. One thing I noticed is its much too expensive for the product they are presenting. The economy is not the best in Alberta yet Katz is still charging top dollar. Its actually cheaper for me to fly my family down to Florida, stay, and go to a game in Sunrise then the price of one game for my wife and daughter. I spent over $2000 dollars for 3 games last year

This is a big issue for sure and you are right about the economy too, lots of people recently laid off and people are having trouble making ends meet. Spending $500 to go see a terrible hockey team is way down on the list of priorities.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Seems pretty obvious this team won't win another game unless they get more fluky gifts like Georgiev(sp) gave to them last game. Hell the point last night was only because they got lucky that the Sabres slept through the early part of the game because distracted by trades.

I guess it's a matter of getting lucky enough to stay with it? Who knows, but that's a lot of luck

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
what I can’t figure out is they came out smoking in the 1st period, were out shooting Buffalo heavily and then they go into intermission and watch Benji or Lassie and come out like they don’t care.
Did the same against the rangers. They sit on leads. Honestly, for as much crap as we give Smith he is a big reason we got a point last night. Pretty sure we were massively out shot in the third period. Was just a pathetic effort. We needed both points desperately last night. We have the bruins and leafs next. We’re toast.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Did the same against the rangers. They sit on leads. Honestly, for as much crap as we give Smith he is a big reason we got a point last night. Pretty sure we were massively out shot in the third period. Was just a pathetic effort. We needed both points desperately last night. We have the bruins and leafs next. We’re toast.
Agree. No help in the form of even one trade - the team is done for the year. The crappy teams always fall to the bottom after New Years.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Interesting to hear that. I have been on the fence for a while on flying over from Europe for a week or so to catch some games, and until recently I only focused on going to Edmonton. I have started to look around a bit now but not sure what the good places would be. The wife definitely prefers the east coast due to less travel time, but I am not convinced just yet.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
I guess we should be happy Smith had a good bounce-back game and getting a point on the road from a desperate-for-points-Buffalo-team. I seem to remember hearing that Smith looked pretty good the second half of last season in Calgary. We sure could use him regaining a bit of good form considering which teams we'll be up against over the next month. Three match-ups against Calgary and two against Arizona within the next 31 days (9 games in total). Huge games.

Reactions: backhandsauce

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
Interesting to hear that. I have been on the fence for a while on flying over from Europe for a week or so to catch some games, and until recently I only focused on going to Edmonton. I have started to look around a bit now but not sure what the good places would be. The wife definitely prefers the east coast due to less travel time, but I am not convinced just yet.

I can't even be bothered to drive 3 hours to watch a game and you want to fly from Europe to???

Go watch a road trip somewhere. Cheaper and better.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Agree. No help in the form of even one trade - the team is done for the year. The crappy teams always fall to the bottom after New Years.
Ya, this team just can’t win two in a row. Can’t remember when we had a winning streak, but it sure isn’t happening anymore. I will honestly be stunned if we somehow beat the bruins or leafs.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I can't even be bothered to drive 3 hours to watch a game and you want to fly from Europe to???

Go watch a road trip somewhere. Cheaper and better.
Ya I wouldn't drive across the street to watch them right now unless I happened to be in a road city when they were playing. Watching is one thing - spending $ is another.

Oct 15, 2008
But then you wouldn’t get to meet your fellow hf’er Oiler fans!?!?!

or see the new arena!?!?!

Reactions: LaGu

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How does Bobby Burgers still have a job? How he sat back last year and watched Chia actively trash the team to ensure the next guy was f-ed over was so bad. Then he follows it up by admitting he has no idea what a POHO and GM are supposed to be doing in today's NHL and he's asking his competition for tips before he starts looking for replacements. Total gong show season ticket holder events at the end of the year where he comes off as a total jerk. Now he has screwed up so much that he can't even sell the building out with the 2 top point getters in the league on his team.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Someone needs to invent some sort of protection for Klef. If he's going to continue to take shots he needs better protection.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017

Just curious, where u travelling from?

I really want to go to some games this year but this team is so frustrating to watch. I get too worked up at the games. Years ago I was in Boston (closest city to me for game) and Eakins was coaching. I detested Eakins. I was a fan of Ralph and thought he was doing a good job. Anyway, during a stoppage in play, I started yelling expletives at Eakins. We were pretty close to the bench and he could hear me. I yelled " Hey Eakins, comb your hair ya %$*@ and you are getting fired" He shot me the dirtiest of looks. I fired back with the middle finger salute. The Bruin fans were high fiving me. The next week, Eakins was fired. I would like to take some credit for that

nhlisajoke

Nov 15, 2010
Edmonton
not sure if this was posted:

Martin Biron
@martybiron43

The referees were going to call delay of game on Risto. McDavid had the refs convinced it was a penalty. Then James Neal came over and confessed he deflected the puck out of play. NO PENALTY. McDavid was not happy with Neal!!! Still 2-2 here with 5 minutes left.

Reactions: OnTheBrink

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
It’s always refreshing to watch games not involving the Oilers. The pace is night and day. Oiler games are almost always sleepy while others are up tempo. Teams don’t even have to try that hard to beat the Oilers, it’s just that easy.

Reactions: Double A RON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad