GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Vegas|GDT/Bouw Appreciation Thread|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Thursday, Feb. 13 at 9 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUP
*Defense is a total guess on my part at this point*

Schwartz-Schenn-Blais
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
MacEachern-Barbashev-Kyrou

Faulk-Pietrangelo
Gunnarsson-Parayko
Dunn-Bortuzzo

Binnington/Allen

vs.
:vegas

Marchessault-Stastny-Smith
Pacioretty-Stephenson-Stone
Eakin-Karlsson-Tuch
Carrier-Nosek-Reaves

Holden-Theodore
McNabb-Schmidt
Whitecloud-Merrill

Subban/Fleury

I think it can be excused if we see a disjointed effort tonight. Alternatively, it wouldn't surprise me if we saw the Blues go out there and dominate. Regardless, thankfully J-Bo seems to be trending in the right direction. And since the last time we (likely) see Bouwmeester in a Blue Note was so horrifying, I figured we could remember the better times. He had one hell of a career and was a key cog in the Cup run last year. Get well, Jay!

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
Hoping we rally behind what happened Tuesday the rest of the year! Get the motivation back. Do it for J Bo!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Would be nice to win for a change. Need to hold off Colorado for the West's #1 seed. A possible Sunny return would be a nice boost for a team that could clearly use one.

Reactions: HighNote

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Per JR on Twitter:

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Steen
Blais-Thomas-Bozak
DLR, Brouwer

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Parayko-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Binnington in net

I’ve wanted to see a Colt/Faulk pairing since we got him. He played with Pesce last year in Carolina, and Parayko is just a bigger, better version of Pesce.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
That last pic TheGoldenGod posted was the first thing that popped into my head the other night. Alex loves Jay and considers him a great friend and mentor.

We won't be seeing a loss tonight. Vegas is going to see a fired up group of Stanley Cup Champions with a focus not typically seen outside the PO's.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
If the events of Tuesday night hadn’t happened, after what happened the last time we played Vegas, (blowing a 3-0 lead) I still would have expected a motivated Blues team.

But now? After going through what they’ve been through? I think they’re gonna be a locomotive with no brakes.

Go win one for Jay Bo

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Those d-pairs sucks.

Parayko - Faulk :laugh:

Cant wait after game shitshow.

OK i go sleep

giphy.gif

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I woulda gone with Allen again tonight. I don’t usually say this but I don’t think they’re currently playing him enough.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I woulda gone with Allen again tonight. I don’t usually say this but I don’t think they’re currently playing him enough.
Agreed.

Binner has played significantly more games than any other NHL goalie since January 1, 2019. A rookie-then-sophomore shouldn't be handling a dramatically heavier workload than literally every other NHL netminder and his play over the last 2 months indicates that he is probably feeling the effects of it. Even if he bounces back from his slump starting tonight, I have major concerns about how much he will have left in the tank for the playoffs.

I'd be playing him less even if he was still playing like a top 10 NHL goalie. It should be a no brainer to play him less while he is in the midst of his largest career slump.

Reactions: Vladys Gumption

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Per JR on Twitter:

Sanford-O’Reilly-Perron
Schwartz-Schenn-Steen
Blais-Thomas-Bozak
DLR, Brouwer

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Parayko-Faulk
Dunn-Bortuzzo
Mikkola

Binnington in net

I’ve wanted to see a Colt/Faulk pairing since we got him. He played with Pesce last year in Carolina, and Parayko is just a bigger, better version of Pesce.
Not wild about the D pairings, but I'm willing to withhold judgment about Parayko/Faulk until I see them in action. It wouldn't be crazy to see Faulk excel on a pairing where there is a ludicrously obvious defensive guy and offensive guy. I'd prefer Faulk playing on his off side over Parayko, but let's see how they look. Barring a great defensive effort tonight, I want Mikkola in the lineup over Gunnar next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad