GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver |Parayko's Back|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Monday, Jan. 26 at 9 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg
**Projected Lineups**
Sanford - O'Reilly - Perron
Schwartz - Schenn - Sundqvist
Steen - Thomas - Bozak
MacEachern - de la Rose - Barbashev
Faulk - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Binnington

VS.

:nucks

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Pearson-Horvat-Eriksson
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Motte-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Tanev
Edler-Stecher
Fantenberg-Myers

Markstrom

"Colton Parayko will return to the lineup Monday after missing seven games with an upper-body injury. Sammy Blais, who is recovering from a wrist injury that required surgery, is getting close to a return and could play Monday."

Getting healthy for the stretch run. Go Blues!
giphy.gif

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Would love to see Blais back in the lineup tonight. Parayko's return should help settle things down on the back-end. These last 33 games should be about fine-tuning and rediscovering playoff-form. I expect the intensity to start gradually ramping up from this point forward.

Let's Go (again) Blues!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I know it sucks for you locals, but I am really pumped about the start time of this game. 8pm local start for me, which allows me to leave work at the usual time, walk the dogs, cook dinner and still watch 100% of the game live. Which I love doing on nights when our top players return from injury.

I'm not in a rush to get Blais back. I'd like him back as soon as he is 100%, but I definitely want that to be a true 100% and not a "healthy enough to play" 100%. If that means he is out a few more games, so be it. Paryako is more important to the team than Blais and getting him back (with the extra time off to get truly 100%) is huge.

We have 3 more games before the Avs play Saturday. We currently have a 6 point cushion on them with the same number of games played. We have a 10 point cushion on the Stars, but have played 1 extra game. The Stars play twice before Saturday. We have a very real chance of leading the Central by 10 points again at the start of the weekend. Let's get it done.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Yay! A game that starts AFTER dinner! Wooo!

After a few complaints, gotta voice that west coast approval of a 7pm PST game start time! None of this rush home, try to enjoy the game while cooking dinner I usually have to do.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Hey Folks, Canucks fan coming in peaceful jest as you've been great hosts when I've hung out for other GDT's.

In Van-City we're hoping you guys are looking like this after the break:
FragrantMasculineCentipede-size_restricted.gif

And @MissouriMook & @TheGoldenGod if you're sore about me coming over to jab the Stanley Cup Champs Board a bit after those good times, well:
source.gif

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I know it sucks for you locals, but I am really pumped about the start time of this game. 8pm local start for me, which allows me to leave work at the usual time, walk the dogs, cook dinner and still watch 100% of the game live. Which I love doing on nights when our top players return from injury.

I do opposite. Watch the game and then go to work.

Ugh...late start

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Go Blues. Excited to see 55 wheeling around out there again. Expecting a bit of an ugly first period as neither team has played in over a week. Jake’s probably going to need to make a few big stops in the first.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
It's a hot one. Like 7 inches from the mid day sun. Welcome to the Robert Thomas show. gonna be all him tonight, BOOK IT
Really like that young man’s game. One of your members had a Thread on the Main Board regarding his potential break-out this season. It was great to see a conversation going about a player besides the Usual Suspects.

A407FEC4-FCF6-468D-9311-CD0B0723D250.gif

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Not sure about this one.

Can-chuckers are hot right now.

Blues manage their energy level with every game.

If they play their high intensity A game all the time they run the potential of having too many guys on IR and go into the playoffs with not much in the tank.

If they come out strong and score first, they have a shot.

If the Can-chuckers get too far ahead I think the Blues limp to a respectable loss.

Joshuar56

Apr 11, 2019
Bummer that Mikkola isn’t in, but thank god Parayko is back. Mikkola makes me hate the Faulk trade more. Also glad that Kyrou is back in, but I don’t like Steen on the 3rd. Can’t wait for Blais to be back.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Bummer that Mikkola isn’t in, but thank god Parayko is back. Mikkola makes me hate the Faulk trade more. Also glad that Kyrou is back in, but I don’t like Steen on the 3rd. Can’t wait for Blais to be back.
Is everyone in agreement that this should probably be Steen’s last year??? Steen has been a Blues staple for years, but I think we have better options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad