GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver |Parayko's Back|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
That was the definition of a goaltender stealing a game!

Oh and also the definition of a terribly reffed game (lineman as well)!

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
The Blues played well enough to win, a normal game, but Demko and some unbalanced penalty calling by the refs beat them. The Blues certainly had their chances.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
5 games tops unless Canucks get crazy officiating and goaltending.
2-0-1 against you guys so maybe pump the brakes a bit? Blues played well and deserved better but having a goalie steal one is no different then a forward going off.

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Not a bad game, demko played well. Canucks in general one of those teams play over their head and find a way vs blues but there are always those teams in these small regular season samples

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I have zero issue with the Blues' play tonight and am surprised to see so many people upset at our shooting. We put a good chunk high/wide, but we also put 37 on net and were very obviously trying to make sure we didn't bury shots into his chest. We were trying to find holes on a large goalie who was completely and totally dialed in. When we weren't trying to pick corners, we were attempting a number of deflections and cross ice passes to get him moving. That is exactly what I want to see from a team when they are carrying play and facing a goalie who is clearly seeing the puck incredibly well. I'll take 37 shots on goal where you are actively trying to find a corner and increase your missed shot rate over 45 shots on goal where you are just heaving them into a goalie's chest and don't miss as many wide.

We settled for a good number of outside shots in the 2nd half of the game, but the Canucks were aggressively collapsing down low once they got a lead to prevent us from getting to the home plate area. We weren't passing up open chances to get the puck into better position to score, but were taking what was available and making sure we were at least shooting for tips and getting the goalie moving as much as possible within that framework.

Demko was outstanding last night. It happens and I'm absolutely not going to lose sleep over this loss.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I have zero issue with the Blues' play tonight and am surprised to see so many people upset at our shooting. We put a good chunk high/wide, but we also put 37 on net and were very obviously trying to make sure we didn't bury shots into his chest. We were trying to find holes on a large goalie who was completely and totally dialed in. When we weren't trying to pick corners, we were attempting a number of deflections and cross ice passes to get him moving. That is exactly what I want to see from a team when they are carrying play and facing a goalie who is clearly seeing the puck incredibly well. I'll take 37 shots on goal where you are actively trying to find a corner and increase your missed shot rate over 45 shots on goal where you are just heaving them into a goalie's chest and don't miss as many wide.

We settled for a good number of outside shots in the 2nd half of the game, but the Canucks were aggressively collapsing down low once they got a lead to prevent us from getting to the home plate area. We weren't passing up open chances to get the puck into better position to score, but were taking what was available and making sure we were at least shooting for tips and getting the goalie moving as much as possible within that framework.

Demko was outstanding last night. It happens and I'm absolutely not going to lose sleep over this loss.
Well said. As has happened in several of our losses this year, I think we just got "out-Bluesed" last night. Up until a few months ago that would have been a good thing, but sadly now it is not.

platotld

Fly Canucks Fly
Jun 18, 2014
Fraser valley
Well said. As has happened in several of our losses this year, I think we just got "out-Bluesed" last night. Up until a few months ago that would have been a good thing, but sadly now it is not.

Yall are right on track, look man you guys should have won this game by a margin.... we had great goaltending is all and some shifty plays. I for 1 hope to hell we don't get you first round.

Love from Van

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad