GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Sharks | Mikkola's debut game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
There’s no doubt in my mind that Jordan Kyrou is a top 9 forward on this team. Just keep playing him, don’t sit him. Let him learn and get better. But he creates scoring chances and looks way better than last season. I want him to be in the lineup come playoff time.

I really liked Mikkola tonight. He looked much better than Walman. Big, physical and can move. Kinda looked similar to Bouwmeester at times. Probably needs to add another 10 lbs of muscle this Summer but he has a future as well.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
There’s no doubt in my mind that Jordan Kyrou is a top 9 forward on this team. Just keep playing him, don’t sit him. Let him learn and get better. But he creates scoring chances and looks way better than last season. I want him to be in the lineup come playoff time.

I really liked Mikkola tonight. He looked much better than Walman. Big, physical and can move. Kinda looked similar to Bouwmeester at times. Probably needs to add another 10 lbs of muscle this Summer but he has a future as well.
Mikkola definitely needs to work on his first couple of strides though.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
We didnt really and id almost prefer brouwer over sanford.

Walker de larose and kostin all should be played over sanford and walker isnt even on the roster right now despite number of injuries weve had. Id also prefer jordan nolan who is also in san antonio.

There are plenty of other options that at worst dont give much if a dropoff.
Kostin sucks

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Kyrou's best NHL game. Looked fantastic out there.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Blais is a few weeks away. Not counting on SA players. DLR is not a top 9 player. If you trade Sanford, who would be playing in his place tonight? I like our 4th line tonight. Don’t want Barbie moved up. When Blais is ready, Sanford to the bench. But I still want Sanford for depth, not traded for a useless 6th rounder
I think the 6th rounder thing was a joke. At least I hope it was.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
is this some kind of meme that I missed
He does need to work on his acceleration. He is a bit slow going from standing still to full stride. This can be exploited by other teams, and so can be a liability. I am not worried though, it is definitely something that can be taught. I still think Niko is our best D prospect.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
Good for Mikkola to get his first game, although his reads were a bit off. Hopefully more games will come in the future so we can really see his game shine.

But the problem he and Walman face are that they need to get acclimated with NHL speed, physicality, and talent. This wouldn't be an issue on a team like Detroit or LA with depth issues and little to no playoff hopes. But on a team like the Blues, who aren't going to spend time developing prospects to jeopardize any Stanley Cup hope, they might find themselves getting jerked around with no hope of developing consistency.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Ranksu's garage has a poster featuring a shirtless Mikkola holding a wrench.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad