GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Sharks | Mikkola's debut game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
When: Saturday , January 7th at 7.00 p.m
Watch: NBCSN, NBC Sports App, NHL.tv free game
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App

cut.jpg

#stlblues announce they’ve recalled Mikkola from @sarampage and reassigned Walman.

Berube says Parayko (upper-body) is questionable for Tuesday and Gunnarsson could be available.

:blues

Code:
Schwartz-Schenn-Kyrou
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Steen-Thomas-Bozak
MacEachern-Barbashev-Sundqvist
extras: Brouwer, de la Rose, Blais

Dunn - Pietro
Jbo - Faulk
Mikkola - Bortuzzo

Binnington/Allen

vs.

:sharks

Code:
Hertl - Couture - Marleau
Kane - Goodrow - Meier
Sorensen - Thornton - Labanc
Karlsson - Kellman - Noesen

Dillon - Burns
Vlasic - Karlsson
Simek - Ferraro

Jones/Dell

I'll update lines when they are confirmed or give more details.

Last edited:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It kind of would make sense Mikkola play they did call up him right away when they had chance. Noted Walman didnt have impressive game and maybe Mikkola has looked impressive at trainings?

Parayko might not be fully healthy.

Is Gunnar realky 100% ready?

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I thought you said you were going to stop making GDTs cause so many people have you on their ignore list?
I changed my mind. Mikkola might be playing his debut game and I liked to open GDT under his name. But I promise after this one I won't create GDT's in long time so people don't get offended by it. Ofc if there isn't created GDT under 1 hour before game starts I consider to open it myself.

Last edited:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I changed my mind. Mikkola might be playing his debut game and I liked to open GDT under his name. But I promise after this one I won't create GDT's in long time so people don't get offended by it. Ofc if there isn't created GDT under 1 hour before game starts I consider to open it myself.
So you lied.
Ok.

Reactions: Ranksu

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
No gut feeling on this one.

Maybe we win, maybe we lose.

Depends on guys weither enough guys want to drive tonight and not be passengers.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Excited to see how Mikkola looks. I think he can definitely have a future with us. Plus this gives Parayko and Gunny more time to get ready and they’ll probably be good to go later this week.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Its official Niko Mikkola will play. He'll be 9th finnish player who has played in St. Louis at least 1 game.

Berube on Mikkola: “He’s done a good job in the American Hockey League defensively. He closes on people quick, he’s got a good stick and he plays an aggressive game. I feel if he’s going to be ready, it’s going to be now.” #stlblues

giphy.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Btw one year back one guy named Binnington made his first NHL start and shutout Philly. Hopefully Mikkola shows same type of run.

Reactions: badmoth

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkola! Thank the hockey gods for this doubly so because not only to we get to see Mikkola play his 1st NHL game but we also DON'T have to watch Walman play tonight. It's 2 for 1 on good news today.

Edit: Sanford still in lineup...... just going to pretend I didn't see that part so I can remain happy. Yay Mikkola! Sunset Heart Hands!

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Its official Niko Mikkola will play. He'll be 9th finnish player who has played in St. Louis at least 1 game.

giphy.gif

I don't know that this comment is an official he is in the lineup tonight. I think it definitely indicates that Berube is comfortable he is NHL ready if Parayko can't go, but the wording of the tweet sounds more like "we weren't comfortable with him getting an NHL game 2 months ago, but now we are."

I don't know. "I feel if he’s going to be ready, it’s going to be now.” Odd wording.

I'm excited to watch Mikkola in an NHL game, but I also would prefer Parayko being good to play. Either way, something to be excited about tonight.

Edit: Per JR, "Mikkola is in tonight."

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
I don't know that this comment is an official he is in the lineup tonight. I think it definitely indicates that Berube is comfortable he is NHL ready if Parayko can't go, but the wording of the tweet sounds more like "we weren't comfortable with him getting an NHL game 2 months ago, but now we are."

I don't know. "I feel if he’s going to be ready, it’s going to be now.” Odd wording.

I'm excited to watch Mikkola in an NHL game, but I also would prefer Parayko being good to play. Either way, something to be excited about tonight.
JR also tweeted that Mikkola is in the lineup tonight and that Parayko is out.

I'm excited to see Mikkola, but a little concerned about Parayko. They said a few days ago he was just "a little sore." It's a little concerning that it has caused him to miss at least two games. It's starting to remind me of the Cardinals when they get injuries. A guy is a bit sore, just a maintenance day, and then the next week he's having back surgery or something. I'm sure Parayko will be fine, but it's still concerning.

Reactions: badmoth

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Mikkola takes out 9 different Sharks with blistering body checks and then rips a clapper from center ice going bar down on Dell to win it in OT.
This sounds like a ridiculous missed too many men call unless Mikkola checks a couple Sharks into their bench :laugh:

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
JR also tweeted that Mikkola is in the lineup tonight and that Parayko is out.

I'm excited to see Mikkola, but a little concerned about Parayko. They said a few days ago he was just "a little sore." It's a little concerning that it has caused him to miss at least two games. It's starting to remind me of the Cardinals when they get injuries. A guy is a bit sore, just a maintenance day, and then the next week he's having back surgery or something. I'm sure Parayko will be fine, but it's still concerning.
Just went to his twitter and saw that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad