GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. NYR |Going For 8 in Manhattan|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't really get the comments about he Rangers Post Game Thread. I just quickly read it, and there many comments about how good the Blues are. They have good reason to like their teams effort tonight. They aren't good enough to beat us right now, but they have a lot of promising young talent. As for bitching about the officiating, that's a big so what. It's not like you don't see a lot of that here.
I feel like you don’t see the complaining about the officiating much when we receive three times as many PPs as the other team, though that doesn’t happen very often because we’re not an Original 6 franchise.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
Probably some legit complaints about the refs last night. We've been on that side of the equation ourselves. Over the course of the season it evens out.

The Rangers are fighting for a playoff spot and brought their A game. The difference maker was Binnington.

I sense the Blues are managing their energy level. Last night they did the minimum amount to get the job done.

I worry about the energy levels of DP, ROR, Sunny, Sammy, and Barbie. Having these key guys rested going into the playoffs will be huge.

tomin

AintNoSeats
Sponsor
Dec 18, 2014
Probably some legit complaints about the refs last night. We've been on that side of the equation ourselves. Over the course of the season it evens out.

The Rangers are fighting for a playoff spot and brought their A game. The difference maker was Binnington.

I sense the Blues are managing their energy level. Last night they did the minimum amount to get the job done.

I worry about the energy levels of DP, ROR, Sunny, Sammy, and Barbie. Having these key guys rested going into the playoffs will be huge.

how is that accomplished?

let them rest some remaining regular season games or finish strong and secure the highest seed to ensure home ice resulting in likely less travel and better rest in post season?

someone correct me if I’m wrong but what are the other options.

I’m worried about petro as well.

kruz12

Apr 4, 2018

let them rest some remaining regular season games or finish strong and secure the highest seed to ensure home ice resulting in likely less travel and better rest in post season?

With Tank coming back into the line up someone will be sitting, hopefully we can use or depth to give some of these key guys some rest and keep guys like Kyrou DLR Macmac getting reps in game situations

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
I feel like you don’t see the complaining about the officiating much when we receive three times as many PPs as the other team, though that doesn’t happen very often because we’re not an Original 6 franchise.
They were probably mad about the no call on scandella after the screwed up 3 on 1. Scandela barley slashed the top of the stick of the ranger player and he went down easy.

I was watching the Ranger’s broadcast and they kept going on and on about that no call. So I assume that is the play that got em pissed

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

Balance out the ice time for the lines? Roll 4 lines and don't ride ROR and others so hard, especially when we're up by a goal or more? We already do that to an extent. Don't play top guys as much on special teams? It seems like the second PP unit is actually better than the first right now, maybe give them a stint as the top unit?

It's hard to do that however, when we're trying to hold off a very hungry and talented Avs team. Huge difference between finishing first and second. No one is safe in that 2/3 matchup.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I watched the Rangers broadcast which was good for a laugh.

Best part of the night was when Scandella took down a player (I think it was Fox) and they were calling for a penalty. They even showed a replay and the announcers go “I can’t believe this wasn’t a trip.”

The only problem is the replay showed Scandella tap the guy’s arm which somehow made his feet fly out from under him. :laugh:

So no surprise their fans are brainwashed.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO

Best part of the night was when Scandella took down a player (I think it was Fox) and they were calling for a penalty. They even showed a replay and the announcers go “I can’t believe this wasn’t a trip.”

The only problem is the replay showed Scandella tap the guy’s arm which somehow made his feet fly out from under him. :laugh:

That’s every fan base and it’s not unique to the Rangers. It’s just a much bigger total fan base so you see more of the annoying comments. And to be frank, in real time it sure looked like a trip to me too. If I had seen it go the other way I would have been upset at no penalty call too, at least on the real time viewing.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
That’s every fan base and it’s not unique to the Rangers. It’s just a much bigger total fan base so you see more of the annoying comments. And to be frank, in real time it sure looked like a trip to me too. If I had seen it go the other way I would have been upset at no penalty call too, at least on the real time viewing.
Agreed, that was my immediate reaction. On replay I saw that (thought it was Bortuzzo) had his stick/arm chicken winged by the Ranger to try and bait a call.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
That’s great but I’m talking about the replay.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I really like de la Rose's game, wish he had more offensive ability.
I hate it. He has no offensive ability. It’s great that he hits but we have lots of guys that can do that.

Ready to see Kyrou back in. Blais gives us plenty of “lots of hits, no production”. We don’t need DLR in there too to do the same thing.

Reactions: Meatball

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I hate it. He has no offensive ability. It’s great that he hits but we have lots of guys that can do that.

Ready to see Kyrou back in. Blais gives us plenty of “lots of hits, no production”. We don’t need DLR in there too to do the same thing.
I just keep remembering how much offensive ability Sundqvist had. What did we miss seeing?

RR10

Jul 2, 2018

Should have been a slashing penalty. Typical Blues to take a penalty after failing on an easy 3 vs 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad