GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Minnesota |Sunday Night Special|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Pretty good win. A few mental lapses but we capitalized on our chances when we needed to. Feel bad for the Wild tonight, thought they skated and battled hard all night. Just couldn't match the depth/skill of the Blues.

Reactions: Meatball

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
poor ole backes ... you got paid but you did not win :stanley: maybe him and getzlaf will have some chemistry down the road

I want to feel bad for Backes, but....if he didn't get greedy we might not have won the Cup.

Backes Butterfly Effect

Hopefully Petro learned something there....maybe not...he has his Cup

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
if backes does stick with the ducks in the west i want to see some reavo vs backes brawls in the future :naughty:

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I’m not suggesting giving him $50mm or anything. But he has been in league long enough that we know what kinda player he is and obviously great fit so far.
Exactly this! The Blues will definitely want to keep him. He fits in really well with this team and Berube's system, and he shouldn't be expensive. He's worth more to The Blues than he is to many other teams, and should be had for an average cost of a LHD of his age and experience. I expect The Blues to come to an agreement with Pietrangelo, and then make a deal with Seattle for them to draft Faulk, and The Blues to re-sign Scandella. If somehow, Pietrangelo leaves, The Blues will keep Faulk, but will also need Scandella even more, in that siuation. I've always liked the latter. He was very solid while with Minnesota, and he plays Berube's style.

Reactions: MortiestOfMortys

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
Exactly this! The Blues will definitely want to keep him. He fits in really well with this team and Berube's system, and he shouldn't be expensive. He's worth more to The Blues than he is to many other teams, and should be had for an average cost of a LHD of his age and experience. I expect The Blues to come to an agreement with Pietrangelo, and then make a deal with Seattle for them to draft Faulk, and The Blues to re-sign Scandella. If somehow, Pietrangelo leaves, The Blues will keep Faulk, but will also need Scandella even more, in that siuation. I've always liked the latter. He was very solid while with Minnesota, and he plays Berube's style.

i like the way you think robb :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad