GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Chicago |The Rivalry Continues|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Tuesday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m.
Watch: NBCSN, NBC Sports App
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

PROJECTED LINEUP

*Bozak is in*

Schwartz-O'Reilly-Schenn
Sanford-Thomas-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou
Barbashev-Sundqvist-Blais

Gunnarsson - Pietrangelo
Scandella - Parayko
Dunn - Faulk

Binnington/Allen

vs.

:hawks

Kubalik-Toews-Caggiula
Saad-Carpenter-Kane
DeBrincat-Dach-Strome
Highmore-Kampf-Nylander

Keith-Koekkoek
Carlsson-Murphy
Maataa-Boqvist

Crawford

Both teams have come a long way from this night:

Last time:

Go Blues

Last edited:
Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
A 2 point must win IMO. Got to get em when the competition is bad.

But like any NHL game, if you go less than 80% against a bad team, you stand a good chance of getting beat.

Reactions: Ridge1982

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Dallas and Colorado nipping at the Blues heels...can't take the foot off of the gas. Hang a half-dozen on the Hawks and keep the train moving forward.

Let's Go Blues!

Reactions: Ridge1982

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Hopefully we see another good performance tonight and the team reaffirming to Army that he did the right thing yesterday. Let’s get a dominating win over the Hawks.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
The funny thing is that Sharpe is now super good and complimentary as a hockey analyst. No anti-Blues bias in his analysis. Eddie, however, wears his Blues angst like a an over used t-shirt.
Sharp is probably the best hockey TV personality right now. He gives insightful analysis, and his charisma holds people’s attention.

I remember immediately after the Game 7 win, someone asked him a question about winning the Cup with Chicago. I know he was aware of the way Blues fans view Chicago, even if someone like Kathryn Tappen maybe didn’t fully appreciate it. Rather than answer, he said, “Tonight is about the Blues’ win” etc. He’s had other good moments, but he earned my respect as a professional who ‘gets it’.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
You know that roster isn't nearly as bad as I thought they were this year. Not really a bad team at all.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Poor Leafs fans. It feels like the universe is against them. We knew the feeling.
It would be easy to root against the Leafs, but I have a good buddy from Toronto who pulls for them, and he doesn’t deserve the lifetime of disappointment. He’s been waiting as long as I had been with the Blues. I hope they put it together some time.

‘But I’m not a fan of their GM, and HF would be insufferable in some ways when it happens.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
It would be easy to root against the Leafs, but I have a good buddy from Toronto who pulls for them, and he doesn’t deserve the lifetime of disappointment. He’s been waiting as long as I had been with the Blues. I hope they put it together some time.

‘But I’m not a fan of their GM, and HF would be insufferable in some ways when it happens.
f*** the Leafs and their fans. Garbage franchise. Those fans are obnoxious.

SilentPessimisticGopher-size_restricted.gif

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
A 2 point must win IMO. Got to get em when the competition is bad.

But like any NHL game, if you go less than 80% against a bad team, you stand a good chance of getting beat.

No Lehner = no question. Losing tonight would be inexcusable.

A loss against a bad Chicago team would be disappointing/frustrating, but there is just no such thing as a "must win" NHL game in February when you are 4th place in the league.

In the remaining 19 games, we are probably going to throw away 3 or 4 games that we should absolutely win. So will Dallas and so will Colorado. That's what happens when you play 20 games in 6 weeks.

This isn't directed at you 2 in particular, but is just a thought that was kicking around in my head for a couple weeks when the Blues kept losing. Terms like inexcusable, unacceptable, do-or-die, must-win, etc seem to get thrown around so much when discussing an 82 game regular season. I'd wager that every NHL team in the league has 15+ games that are "unacceptable" and every NHL player makes dozens of "inexcusable" mistakes every year. At what point do fans need to take a step back and realize that these terms are almost always used as complete hyperbole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad