GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Carolina| Eddy Gets His Ring|

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
When: Tuesday, Feb. 4th at 7 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports Midwest, FOX Sports GO
Listen: 101 ESPN, NHL App
cut.jpg

*These are lines they ran in practice yesterday, so there may be some changes*
Schwartz-Schenn-Thomas
Sanford-O'Reilly-Perron
Steen-Bozak-Kyrou
Blais-Barbashev-Brouwer

Gunnarsson-Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester-Parayko
Dunn-Faulk

Binnington/Allen

VS.

:canes

Svechnikov-Aho-Foegele
Niederreiter-Staal-Teravainen
McGinn-Haula-Williams
Martinook-Wallmark-Necas

Slavin-van Riemsdyk
Gardiner-Pesce
Fleury-Edmundson

Reimer
Mrazek

Edmundson will -finally- get his ring before puck drop. Hopefully the Blues will get out of this funk.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I don't get it. At what point this season has that 3rd paring played well enough to convince Chief playing them together is good idea??? They are a ****show defensively.

Also, if Schenn and Schwartz continue playing keep away from Thomas, I'd honestly rather see him lower in the lineup with players that know to get him the puck. They looked good together late last game but that's something that caught my eye earlier this season. Korac and Jim Thomas mentioned that Schenn and Thomas were switching off taking reps at C during practice yesterday.

Last edited:

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Time to start a winning streak, boys. The schedule for the next 27 games in February and March isn't particularly scary, so it would be really nice to go into April on a 17-7-3 run and not have to worry about Boston and Colorado in the last two games of the season. That would put us at 107 points, which should be good enough for top seed in the West.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
Dunn-Faulk will be fine, if they start every shift in the offensive zone.

Hopefully we get Thomas at center over Schenn.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I don't get it. At what point this season has that 3rd paring played well enough to convince Chief playing them together is good idea??? They are a ****show defensively.

Also, if Schenn and Schwartz continue playing keep away from Thomas, I'd honestly rather see him lower in the lineup with players that know to get him the puck. They looked good together late last game but that's something that caught my eye earlier this season. Korac and Jim Thomas mentioned that Schenn and Thomas were switching off taking reps at C during practice yesterday.
They have looked great together when we have been playing from behind these last few games. I'm not sold on them as a consistent, all game pairing. But they have absolutely given the coaching staff reasons to keep trying it.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
They have looked great together when we have been playing from behind these last few games. I'm not sold on them as a consistent, all game pairing. But they have absolutely given the coaching staff reasons to keep trying it.
I give it 2 periods before they need to be separated again

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
They still letting Blais knock the rust off? Wonder how long it will be before they try him with ROR and Perron again.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I give it 2 periods before they need to be separated again
Wouldn't surprise me, but is there anything to indicate that isn't the plan just because they are listed as a pairing in practice? Berube has been sprinkling Faulk back and forth between Petro and Dunn for a while now as situations dictate.

They can be very effective when we are chasing a game and looking for offense. Playing them together builds that chemistry, even if it is for just a handful of shifts per game.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010

getting faulk back on the right side for a game is a must at this point, he keeps playing the right even if he's tasked with the left

Reactions: BlueDream

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
getting faulk back on the right side for a game is a must at this point, he keeps playing the right even if he's tasked with the left
Yeah that part I don't mind. Personally I think Dunn has been playing good hockey lately and would rather see him with Petro and have Faulk with Gunnarson.

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
I'm taking my daughter to this game, hopefully we're not forced to watch too much Dunn-Faulk.

It will be cool to see Eds get his ring, I'm always down for another reminder about the Blues being the 2019 Stanley Cup Champion.
Yup Steen gets his 1000 game silver stick as well.

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I’m glad the front office is treating Edmundson’s return this way. It’s classy, and the fans in attendance will appreciate it. But not every team does this kind of thing.

Whose decision is it, I wonder?

Reactions: DangledUpinBlues

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I'll be at work! Go Blues!!! Really classy gesture to Edmundson and his family. Congrats Steen!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
That’s tonight? Thought I read they’re reserving that for Thursday’s game.
Yeah just checked and you're right. That's better actually because I have tickets for that one. Tonight is all about the legendary Joel Edmundson

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Edmundson will -finally- get his ring before puck drop.
Seems like a brilliant strategy on the Blues part. Give Eddy a huge hunk of metal to throw off his stick-handling and slow him down in general. On the flip side, if he drops the mitts to scuffle with one of his ex-mates (and is actually able to shed the gloves with that bling stuffed in there), that thing may cave in someone’s skull. At the very least someone may get a permanent reversed-Blue-note stamped into their head...though if it’s studded with sapphires, that may be pretty bad-ass.

Regardless, Let’s Go Blues!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Note

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
LOL

Joey V said "around the titty" instead of "around the city" on 101.1FM pre-game. Then they all lost it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad