GDT: Defending Stanley Cup Champ St. Louis Blues vs. Winnipeg| Steen's 1000th Game|

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
Chief pulled Binny too early. Blues were pressuring. Should have waited until about a minute left. I like Chief but I think he pulls the goalie too early sometimes.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Serious question, at what point do we stop pulling the goalie forever? I’m not sure I want to see us do it ever again.

We can dominate teams 5 on 5 when we’re pushing. But we’ve gotta be the worst 6 on 5 team in the NHL. They look like a mess every single time. It literally never works.

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
Serious question, at what point do we stop pulling the goalie forever? I’m not sure I want to see us do it ever again.

We can dominate teams 5 on 5 when we’re pushing. But we’ve gotta be the worst 6 on 5 team in the NHL. They look like a mess every single time. It literally never works.
Too much time left. Should’ve waited.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Nice to finally get a couple goals and definitely made it interesting towards the end of the 3rd. Hoping they get it together soon because I'm taking my daughter to see the Canes game. I want some more Mikkola please.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Blues goaltending pulling out its like teen boy who doesnt have control when to pull out, too early or too late, always end up mess.

Reactions: Tryblot

BlueKnight

Apr 19, 2015
Alberta, Canada
I like Chief I'm grateful for what he's done. What the f*** was that pulling the goalie you weren't going to score anyway's and then he has the audacity to pull the goalie, And again empty net goal.

Last edited:

Stopsight

Oct 9, 2013
Hawaii
Jets almost coughed it up, definitely getting a bit unlucky as of late hope it turns around. All these b2b not helpin

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Nice to finally get a couple goals and definitely made it interesting towards the end of the 3rd. Hoping they get it together soon because I'm taking my daughter to see the Canes game. I want some more Mikkola please.
I don't believe we'll see Mikkola if there is no injuries. No matter if he's better than Gunnar or Fau, no I mean Bortuzzo. :sarcasm:

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
There are some who have predicted that we don't make the playoffs. I'm thinking that crazy talk is not so crazy.
Who? I haven't seen single post in Blues board who would say we don't make in the playoffs. Please don't bring facebook/twitter opinions here, that is totally different world.

execwrite1

Mar 30, 2018
Made it through 50+ games by covering for loss of Tarasenko - now it's really showing.

This team doesn't go far in the playoffs without Tarasenko and a red-hot Binnington.

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
I don't believe we'll see Mikkola if there is no injuries. No matter if he's better than Gunnar or Fau, no I mean Bortuzzo. :sarcasm:

Gunnar has been healthy for 3 whole games, I'd say he's about due to visit the IR again. Bam, then Mikkola is back up and just has to wait for Borts to have a bad game to get back in. Or we could trade Borts so Mikkola can become the 6th D and Gunnar is the popcorn guy.

Or, here's an idea, totally crazy but how about we just scratch both Gunnar and Borts and get Mikkola in. It's not like we've been winning games left and right with those 2 in and there's a lot to gain with a potentially better option in system that could be integrated before the PO's start.

Reactions: Ranksu

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019

The Blues as a whole have been scored on with the goalie pulled so many times in the past 3+ years that it looks like they subconsciously are waiting for it to happen.

These last 2 games were textbook Blues 6 on 5. They were completely controlling play 5 on 5 and the second the goalie gets pulled, they can’t make a pass and the puck ends up in the back of the net. Just like the playoffs last year, would have a ton of momentum 5 on 5 and then get PP....resulting in loss of momentum

I recently watched a replay of the start of game 6 of the finals. The Blues of course came out flying, then about 3 minutes in a Boston player looked like he intentionally flipped the puck over the grass. Most of me is saying it couldn’t of been on purpose but when I thought about how bad the Blues PP was..... it is possible Boston had a game plan to take a penalty to slow the momentum the Blues would have in the start of a game like that lol.

Last edited:

TK 421

Sep 12, 2007
Oh, for ****s sake. Overreact much? Yeah, Army should blow this team up at the deadline and start collecting draft picks for the much needed rebuild.

He predicts doom early and repetitively so you might want to explore that ignore option if you're not into fire and brimstone and stuff.

Stlblue50

Apr 17, 2019
Made it through 50+ games by covering for loss of Tarasenko - now it's really showing.

This team doesn't go far in the playoffs without Tarasenko and a red-hot Binnington.
Binny n Allen have been covering up a lot of sloppy d-zone coverage until recently

DP57 has also helped a lot but the Blues need Tarasenko. I might be on board with adding some scoring depth at the deadline

Reactions: Dbrownss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad