GDT: Defending Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Ottawa Senators | 6:30 PM | Going for 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oPlaiD

Dec 3, 2007
Presented without comment:

View attachment 263123

How can this be real? Jake Allen has really been here that long?

Actually, the more surprising thing to me is how little Joseph was actually with the Blues. Just six seasons, but it feel like his impact as a Blues goalie was much bigger than someone who actually only spent 1/3 of his career here. I was too young to remember his first two seasons here, but he was the goalie when I first really became a fan, so that also probably makes him mean more to me.

Reactions: Blueston

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
So lets see...how we are doing on our "To Do" list for 2019-2020?

1) PP - still sucks
2) Home record - still under evaluation
3) Back-up goalie - can be brilliant, can be horrible (within the same game)...still not consistent
First in the Central.

Undefeated in regulation.

It certainly hasn't been perfect hockey, but I'm guessing the Blues are okay with their "To Do" list so far.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
These games are so much better when you've won a cup recently.

I've been guilty of being too lenient with Allen. My god he was awful tonight...BUT...that 1min stretch...he kept it from being 3-0 twice. He's so damn annoying.
We need the video coach to put together a promo video like the college kids do...all highlights to make them look a whole lot better than they are. There has to be a sucker GM out there who isn't paying attention.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Faulk was such a questionable acquisition...we couldnt have gotten a forward instead?

If we were gonna get a guy with offense who drives us crazy, we could have gotten Gardiner for free and a better contract. Not to mention Gardiner drives the play so much better than Faulk does. It seems like Armstrong just kinda does things because he feels like sometimes.

Reactions: Nathaniel Lauharn

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Congratulations lads!

Fun game. Well fun until I had to take my mum to the burns unit. I digress, good looking team you have. Mum thinks I’d have got a girlfriend by now if she’d named me Louis. Girls like foreign names like that.

Anyway, good luck for the season ahead.
Cheers mate

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Sooo... are they playing pie on the wrong side so he'll have a bad season and it'll lower his value so we can sign him to a cheap contract? No one's fooled Army, nut up and play the man.

Are we finally finished with Jake Allen? Sub 900 against the SENS?! He needs to be gone NOW.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
For people bashing Faulk, the dude was picked up a week before the season and has been moved around a lot so far this year.

Give him time. He was a very good player for Carolina and will be one here.

He was a meh player in Carolina. Better than Edmunson, but still bottom 3 at best. If we had a hole on the right side I might understand the move, but I've been scratching my head since it got announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad