GDT: Defending Cup Champs St. Louis Blues vs. Ottawa Senators | 6:30 PM | Going for 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
Schwartz - Schenn - Tarasenko
Blais - O'Reilly - Perron
Sanford - Bozak - Fabbri
Barbashev - Sundqvist - Steen
Defense
Faulk - Pietrangelo
Bouwmeester - Parayko
Dunn - Bortuzzo
Goalie
Allen

on mobile so can’t update the pictures, but here’s the updated lineup tonight
I was told that Faulk starting 2 games on the 3rd pairing meant that any consideration of a Faulk-Petro pairing was BS. This must be fake news.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Shamelessly going to ask for dfs advice: Does anyone know which of Perron - O'Reilly - Bozak - Faulk - Pietro and Schwartz - Schenn - Fabbri - Dunn - Tarasenko is the #1 PP?
Ice time has been split evenly. In my opinion the O'Reilly unit is the better of the two.

Reactions: Bendak and Semikova

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I was told that Faulk starting 2 games on the 3rd pairing meant that any consideration of a Faulk-Petro pairing was BS. This must be fake news.
Almost as if they wanted to give Faulk time to get acclimated to a new team, system, and city before thrusting him into even more unfamiliarity. Pretty crazy!

TheGoldenGod

5 Star Man
Nov 8, 2017
Allen starting per JR tweet
upload_2019-10-10_15-39-5.png

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Still don't like the Faulk-Pietrangelo pairing. I'm happy to see Bortuzzo in. That third line just screams "score against me!" Sanford and Fabbri should never, ever be on the same line! With that said, Go Blues!!!

Reactions: Bendak

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
If Allen is stellar tonight he will start in Montreal. Mark my words.

No he won't and I think it's absolutely insane that you think that's even possible. Allen can get a shut out and they would still go right back to Binny. Seriously not trying to crap on you here man but you can't be serious with that.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
If Allen is stellar tonight he will start in Montreal. Mark my words.
Barring a shutout I'd be very, very surprised. I would be surprised even with a shutout.

Allen started 2 games in a row exactly once after Binny's first start last year. And that included a back-to-back scenario where he got a shutout and Binny was coming off two .850 performances in a row. The other time Allen pitched a shutout, Binny got the next 4 starts. Before you say "well he was never stellar" remember that Allen posted a .922 from 1/7/19 onward. Allen had 5 games of .940+ SV% in that stretch (38% of his starts). Berube had plenty of chances to try to give the ball back to Allen and never did.

Berube hasn't demonstrated any desire to try to give Allen the ball back and Binny has been awesome to start the year.

Reactions: Bendak and TK 421

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
No he won't and I think it's absolutely insane that you think that's even possible. Allen can get a shut out and they would still go right back to Binny. Seriously not trying to crap on you here man but you can't be serious with that.

Lighten up brother. Just having some fun

Not sure I can take you seriously...
"Barbashev eats babies pass it on"

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Lighten up brother. Just having some fun

Not sure I can take you seriously...
"Barbashev eats babies pass it on"

I'm genuinely shocked anyone could think Allen is a threat to take starts from Binny. I realize that this is the Blues we're talking about here and we have a long and storied history of pulling our collective hair out regarding goalies. But we just watched Jordan Binnington go out and do what Allen never could have so again it surprises me that anyone who has been paying attention would think there was any indication from management or otherwise that Allen could/would push back into the starter job based on one possible win vs a bottom dweller.

Btw people can only go off what you say, if you were joking then you should probably make it funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad